Anyone have experienced with repaired rims??

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
The baby mama slapped a big pot hole around christmas time that bent one of the rims bad enough to where it wouldnt hold air anymore. Her dad found a shop that fixes aluminum rims and had it done. IIRC it cost $150 a rim. I have decided that the rims in question would look pimp on my car. (probably cause fastgs88 has the same ones. :rofl:)

Anyone ever have rims fixed? If so, did they hold up?? Heres a pic of where it was fixed.

IMG_2028.jpg

Heres what the rims look like.

IMG_2030.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
# Wheels America Arlington Heights, IL

* Manager Name:
David White

* Address:
3017 Malmo Dr. Arlington Heights, IL 60005

* Phone Number:
847-734-9212

* Fax Number:
847-734-9290

* Toll Free Number:
888-943-3518

* Email Address
[email protected]

The rim is already fixed. However, Im sure that is where it was done at.

get those on the car asap, they will be fine. We send rims out to be repaired all the time at work.

Thats good to hear about getting them fixed. I dont have the money for the rubber around it. That will probably wait till Christmas time. Im probably gonna keep my stockers and throw winter tires on those so these probably really wont see action till spring time.

Slider

Regular
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
As long as the job was done right, you should be fine with those rims.

mille miglias good choice ;) (except for they went out of business and finding replacements are near impossible...)

I have a slightly bent rim from a nasty pot hole, is that fixable? what about some road rash?

Both are fixable as long as there is no crack or the crack is small and not in a spot that makes it irreparable. Curb rash you could do DIY there's a few how tos available if you run a google search.

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
As long as the job was done right, you should be fine with those rims.

Both are fixable as long as there is no crack or the crack is small and not in a spot that makes it irreparable. Curb rash you could do DIY there's a few how tos available if you run a google search.

problem is they are powdercoated so I'd have to get them re-powdered I think...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info