Where should I take the TBSS to get tuned?

Where should I take the TBSS for a tune?

• SpeedInc.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Finish Line Performance (FLP)

Votes: 12 60.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Im just about finished installing a bunch of bolt ons, and the finishing touch will be a tune. Ive heard good stuff about tuning from FLP and SpeedInc. Looking for some opinions from some of you guys who may have had work done by either shop in the past. If there is somewhere else you recommend, post up!

For the curious, this is what Ive got on the truck already. Ive only had it a week and a half. :rofl:
-Stainless works 3.5" LMF Catback Exhaust
-Ieatsrt8 Cold Air Intake, and heat soak reduction kit
-100 shot through a HSW plate setup, with a window switch
-ADM Performance E-fans
-160* thermostat.

Last edited:

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
and as for your question, my buddy with a tbss has been tuning through vector motorsports. its mail order but you pay once when you first send it and after that you can send it back to be changed as many times as you want without paying again. and they are posting some of the highest gains with there tunes. reason i asked about the efans is because when we did it on his tbss, we had to send in the ecm, have it retuned so the circuit for the electric clutch fan controlled the efans instead, had to add an extra pin to the main harness

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
word, no tune without headers...throw some longtubes on that bitch

Nah, no long tubes yet. The stock transmission may grenade from the shit ive got on it now. Im hoping I can fend off the mod bug until the spring, and save up for an FLT built trans.

Before anyone gives me shit about spending too much money on this thing already.... Every mod on the truck is paid for in full from selling shit off the grand am.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I decided to save a bit of money and got a setup from PCMforless.com. The truck is just basic bolt ons for now, and the $250 difference of mail order vs. custom just doesnt make sense at this point.

Im hoping to get rid of the rest of my grand am stuff over the winter, and that will be enough for an FLT transmission with a nice stall. I can get some big boy mods once that is taken care of.

Thread Info