315 on stock cobra rims ?

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
315/35/17's are not safe on the stock rims (17x9's). Can you get them on yes, but they're not recommended.

However, the Nittos are an exception. For whatever reason, the 315 Nitto DRs run small (are similar in size to a 285) and will work fine on the stock rims.

I'm sure Todd or Kevin has a pic of REAL 315 tires on their cars, compare that to my pic of the Nitto 315's below:

nittos.jpg

Mr. Smith

Aug 2, 2006
The Nitto 315's run a lot smaller than any other 315, therefore they work fine on the stock wheel. They DO fit on the stock rim, but buldge SLIGHTLY. I have been at speeds well over 100mph, been to the track and drive regularly on the street. I have had NO issues at all, not even in the rain. Heck, they hook better in the rain than the stock Goodyears did! The best thing to do though, is get 10.5 rims. I would, but they don't make the 10th ann. wheel in 10.5. :biggthump It sounds like the people saying they are not safe, do not have anything to base that statement on...! The drag radial was originally intented for street cars that made the occasional trip to the track...for those that didn't want to run slicks while driving around town, but could still drive on a DOT approved tire on the street. It is a better compound for DRY traction, street or track! On a side note, they do have soft side walls, so this would not be my tire of choice for highway only driving, but unsafe......no. I wouldn't say their fitment on the stock wheel is so radical to become a safety hazzard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info