Days before the dyno and now I have a problem...

O

oohsoobad2

My car is supposed to be on the dyno Monday.

Over the weekend, I started my car after finishing a Bullitt intake swap. After 10 mins of running it throws a P1506 code. IAC overspeed error... I had a second sensor and gasket on hand so I swapped them and cleared the codes, no luck. I put 200 miles on the combo before the intake swap and never saw a code.

The only symptoms the car has are a high idle and hanging RPM's. I took it around the block a few times and when you let off the gas the RPM stay where they are at and then slowly drop down.

Im kinda stumped...guessing maybe a vaccum leak ?? I have checked everything obvious.... Id like to have my car in good running condition before I take it to get tuned. Then again, maybe this is something the tuner could sort out/tune around ??

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

Over the weekend, I started my car after finishing a Bullitt intake swap. After 10 mins of running it throws a P1506 code. IAC overspeed error... I had a second sensor and gasket on hand so I swapped them and cleared the codes, no luck. I put 200 miles on the combo before the intake swap and never saw a code.

The only symptoms the car has are a high idle and hanging RPM's. I took it around the block a few times and when you let off the gas the RPM stay where they are at and then slowly drop down.

Im kinda stumped...guessing maybe a vaccum leak ?? I have checked everything obvious.... Id like to have my car in good running condition before I take it to get tuned. Then again, maybe this is something the tuner could sort out/tune around ??
If you swapped out the intakes, Im assuming you went to a new throttle body and when you do that you need to readjust you throttle position sensor. I swapped TB's and have yet to set my TPS.

Oct 5, 2006

If it uses a different throttle body and/or idle air control valve the idle airflow vs rpm needs to be adjusted in the tune. It just a table that has a column of desired idle rpm's and then the mass air flow value in another column to obtain that idle rpm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• O
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list