• Total voters

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
you are correct on the dual gate setup. reverse lockout is a good thing. my forward pattern i push the shifter down after neutral and it goes 3-2-1 as i push it back. as i push it forward its obviously 1-2-3. it just seems more natural of a movement to me:dunno:

to each his own i guess.

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
Ive had em both, even in the same car and tranny, I like the reverse in ratchet for racing the most, slamming it back instead of forward works better when you got forces of torque working agianst you.

I wish I still had the blue bitch, id put you down on airport road with it to see.

Vmatic2?

also with the ratchting ones, I never had luck with mine actually hitting the gears when it was a fmvb, I did get a new shifter still ahurst when I went RMVB and it ratcheted and had no problems at all.

Might have been bad bushings or even a misaligned bar but I could never hit 3rd and not pop into neutral.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
(total OT)

i talked to a friend and he is running a 4L80E with a full manual valve body without a stand-alone controller.

i think this may be the route i take with the buick. if it can handle a 5-6,000 lbs truck i think it would be alright in my car. they can be had cheap and all i'll need to pick up is a new converter, an adapter plate, valve body and the drive shaft yoke figured out.

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
I prefer a manual trans. I think its more fun to drive and I've never complained about having to drive a manual trans in traffic. Its not a big deal to me. When I see sports cars with automatic transmissions unless they have some sort of race trans, mvb, or they didn't come with a manual I just think "woman's car" When I see some dude who thinks hes got a badass car and he jumps into an auto and squeals the tires as he drives off I think "homosexual." When I see a woman driving a six speed its sexy as fuck and when I see a woman driving a truck I think hillbilly and if its an S-10 with a manual I think white trash hillbilly.

Thread Info