Another GTO question

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Auto Vs. Manual transmissions, any input on which is faster, more reliable, and stronger? stock for stock on an LS1 car.

auto is easier to launch from a dig? and it doesnt suck in traffic? thats about it

Thank you for the input, but you failed to answer any of the questions :roflpicard:

I'm more curious if the manual gets 19mpg in the city opposed to the autos 15, etc. because they were sold before the new MPG 'guidelines' as far as what they have to list.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
there should be ZERO choice about the trans when buying any v8 or sports car....manual

/thread

Lol, Fair enough.

I will still test drive it cause I have yet to drive ANY GTO, and I from that I can decide if I like it enough to buy one.

And again, I want a manual. 29mpg opposed to 21 on the freeway is a BIG difference, especially on the OLD MPG scale.

why don't you go log in on ls1gto.com

Because there are alot of LS1 owners on here in general, and people who have driven/ridden in them?

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
but to answer your question, i think the manual may get better in-town mpg's, and MAY OR MAY NOT BE as durable. I haven't heard much on either having problems.

I know it has the 1-4 skip-shift built into it, and there was mention of that without the skip-shift it would be hit by the gas-guzzler tax, Dunno the truth behind that.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
um show me 7 second cars that run a manual you fucktard

AMS's Evo is almost there, Its stick and its a full-bodied car, AND its a 2.1l 4 banger dropping over 1000AWDHP

Show me a full-boddied 7 second automatic?

i know, i figured if you wanted to ask a question and get a QUICK response, i'd tell you about that place (didn't know if you knew of it or not) but I wasn't tryin to be a dick.. sorry if it came that way.

Naw, I was just giving a smart-ass response.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info