question

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
my clutch decided to take a crap on me so i have to replace it.how do you replace the pilot bearing for the input shaft? is there a special puller to remove the bearing?. also can i use the stock pressure plate with a centerforce lm clutch disc?.i had the centerforce clutch and pressure plate in but it looks like the pressure plate is screwd up also.flywheel i think i can salvage,needs resurfacing. this is a cobra motor and t 56 transmission.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
pack the bitch with thick grease and take a 3/8ths extension with some electrical tape wrapped around it and hammer it into the hole in the center of the pilot bearing
u will probably need to repack the hole with grease a couple times til u get all the air out, then the bearing will just pop out and u pop the new one right in after you clean out all that grease
its pretty easy, took me about 5 mins to do all said and done

J

Jpatte

pack the bitch with thick grease and take a 3/8ths extension with some electrical tape wrapped around it and hammer it into the hole in the center of the pilot bearing
u will probably need to repack the hole with grease a couple times til u get all the air out, then the bearing will just pop out and u pop the new one right in after you clean out all that grease
its pretty easy, took me about 5 mins to do all said and done

I just removed a pilot bearing last night. Instead of using grease (that does work), I used bread, I know it doesn't sound good, but it works and its less messy. Try to find a socket that fits the bearing as tight as possible. Use different sizes 1/4, 3/8 or brands of sockets. When installing the new bearing, freeze it to make it fit better.
:biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• T
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list