look what i finally got

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
finally got my dynomax catback. been waiting for awhile. Ive heard about rust problems with dynomax so took off the stickers and painted it with 1300F grill paint. hopefully that will make a difference..we'll see. plus i think its going to look better too. still waiting on the y-pipe though.

Good
IMG_1077.jpg

Better
IMG_1079.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I had dynomax super turbos on the GTP for two years and they rusted from the inside-out because of the exhaust condensation. There were drain holes in the mufflers and that's where the rot started until half the muffler fell off.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
no im not going joel, this fucking tbird is pissing me off. ford decided to put the crank pos sensor behind the harmonic balancer, awesome

Thats where they are on most cars, arent they? The reluctor wheel is attached to the harmonic balancer, and the sensor is kinda inside the pulley

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
we didnt go anyways, it was supposed to rain. do you have air tools? balancers usually pop off with air impacts but hand tools its such a bitch. i've used a huge breaker bar and then used 2 beefy screwdrivers in the balancer to hold everything while i tried to get the nut loose. it sucks ass.

how much is the sensor? i know you didnt know if it was the ecu or possibly the sensor. if the sensor is cheap enough i would try that first. if its not the issue, oh well. move on to the ecu.

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
most crank sensors i have seen are much easier to r&r. the cavalier had a hole on the side of the block that the cps went in and a reluctor wheel on the crank.

did you bake the paint on or just let it air dry? thats whats gonna determine if it will last or not, however its an exhaust it gets all the elements.

I never had luck with the 1300F paint on any exhaust parts, it flakes off rather easily and prematurely.

no i didnt bake it, was hoping the heat from the exhaust would bake it..but considering it wont be installed for awhile seems like its a little bit late for that. oh well i got the paint free. was left over from when i deleted my buddies tbss muffler

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info