excessive s-trim noise (vid included)

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
there is an abnormal noise coming from my blower. does not go away when reved. i have called vortech and will be sending it in for warranty work.

has anyone else had an issue like this with vortech superchargers? i am trying to figure out why it is making this noise?

vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBp4mTXTYLo

here is my other issue. i do not have another car to drive while it sits for the 2 weeks. i am leaving for school the 24th and will not be driving it till basically next summer. should i drive it with the blower belt off and send in the blower a week before school and fix it over thanksgiving break or send it in now and get it over with. i'm thinkin the best option would be to send it in as soon as possible.

REN#4106

TCG Elite Member
Nov 8, 2005
there is an abnormal noise coming from my blower. does not go away when reved. i have called vortech and will be sending it in for warranty work.

has anyone else had an issue like this with vortech superchargers? i am trying to figure out why it is making this noise?

here is my other issue. i do not have another car to drive while it sits for the 2 weeks. i am leaving for school the 24th and will not be driving it till basically next summer. should i drive it with the blower belt off and send in the blower a week before school and fix it over thanksgiving break or send it in now and get it over with. i'm thinkin the best option would be to send it in as soon as possible.

Sounds like bad bearings......I would not keep running and reving up the blower.....I would park the car and send it in for repair........you dont want that impeller in the housing to touch down cause that could be very very bad if one of the impellars goes into the motor.......I had one touch down on the housing and had a impeller break off and by the grace of God it got stuck in the Discharge tube:eek:

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Sounds like bad bearings......I would not keep running and reving up the blower.....I would park the car and send it in for repair........you dont want that impeller in the housing to touch down cause that could be very very bad if one of the impellars goes into the motor.......I had one touch down on the housing and had a impeller break off and by the grace of God it got stuck in the Discharge tube:eek:

it couldn't touch down if the blower belt was off though.

bad bearings, hmm. this a manufacturing defect?

REN#4106

TCG Elite Member
Nov 8, 2005
it couldn't touch down if the blower belt was off though.

bad bearings, hmm. this a manufacturing defect?

Yes but I still wouldnt drive it....because the motor is still gonna try to pull air through the blower.......you won't know until they take the blower apart to see if it is a defect and if it falls under their warranty....who installed the blower???

sschassis

Senior Nilater
Jul 6, 2005

Just be prepared for around $800 with shipping ... good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info