Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Mini Cooper

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
With the Slew of other "new car shopping" threads, I figure I throw mine in the mix...

Yes, I am trying to sell the civic, Taking money from that and paying off all debt, and getting a nicer place. Trading in the Focus and a grand or 2 for a nicer car before the end of the year.

I want to maintain SOME practicality, so GTO and Mustangs are kinda on the edge of the picture since the GTO has no trunk, and worthless rear seats, and the Mustangs are only 5 speeds and have trouble getting over 23-24mpg on the freeway.

I want a stick

I want under 20K, Preferably closer to 17-18K

I want good freeway MPG (25+)

05 or newer

less than 40-50K miles on it

V-8 or turbo 4 banger.

*Hence the Mazdaspeed3/6 thread*

This thread is basically "What do you guys think I should be test-driving" kinda thing, I threw everything that I could think of that meets the Criteria on the poll, Feel free to give me other ideas.

I've come to the realization that I need to take a break from MODDING, but I will not sacrifice speed (I could easily keep throwing money at the civic and make it plenty quick fairly cheap to prove the point and not have payments on that, but heavily modding a car, AND having car payments is taking its toll, and even my dad said "Wait, You still HAVE that car???")

There are a PILE of other reasons behind why I want to do this, but it involves more personal family issues that have been arising in recent months.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The Speed3 and GTI will likely have a similar vibe to what you're used to since they are both hatches. I've driven both, and personally like the Speed3 better, mainly because of its 60 more horsepower and 70 more torque. They weight about the same, too.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
The Speed3 and GTI will likely have a similar vibe to what you're used to since they are both hatches. I've driven both, and personally like the Speed3 better, mainly because of its 60 more horsepower and 70 more torque. They weight about the same, too.

I'm used to driving a 4 door sedan. I hardly every drove the civic.

I have driven a co-workers Mazda3 'sport' and has very similar interior proportions that my focus has, which makes it 'familiar' and comfortable.
I also sat in a speed3 at the auto show this year, and I fucking love the interior.

Could you also edit my poll to allow you to pick multiple options Bru? (And why don't you add the BMW 325i also)

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
The Mini Coopers get pretty good gas mileage, or at least the newer ones. The supercharged ones were meh, but the new (2007 and up) turbo and n/a Minis are champs.

Cooper: 28/37 w/ manual
Cooper S: 26/34 w/ manual

Thread Info