FUCK Pacesetter Headers.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
FUCK THAT GOD DAMN Y PIPE.

that is all.

Extended version: floored car, blew y pipe off last week. fixed this week, floored car again tonight, and blew the fucker off again. I know i got the clamps fucking tight cuz I fucked up my shoulder tightening them down so tight.

I think im just gonna have it welded to the rear header.

There are a couple simple fixs for pace setters. I never understand why people have such a problem with the installs. Use a larger napa clamp and put relief cuts in the Y so it will clamp. Pacesetter dropped the ball on the supplied hardware but its clear as day to see as soon as you go to put the clamp on that there is no way a it will crush the pipe around the seal it no matter how hard you tighten it.You have to put the cuts in. Before you clamp it put some RTV where it slides in and let it sit awhile. We install these all the time after doing it this way we rarely have a leak let alone have the Y blow off.
Also if you have the rear header off you can expand the pipe slightly for a snugger fit. Adding welds to the rear header will help but i would only put a small tac weld or two on so you can get it off later.

good luck dont let a set of headers get the best of you.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
i did pretty much the same thing the day i got my pacesetters (got them when they first came out) and never had a problem. slits in the tubes make all the difference. use the copper rtv and your golden.

never had a single problem with my pacesetters.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• DarkShadow
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list