Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Which one do you prefer?

The 3?

MAZDASPEED3_front34_1.jpg

or the 6?

2007-Mazdaspeed6-i001.jpg

(for those who don't know or care what they are, the 3 and 6 are both 270hp/280tq 6 speed manual, the 3 comes only 2WD with an LSD and only 263hp, the 6 comes only in 4wd.)

4DRZ06

Addict
Jul 3, 2008
Reno Nv
Real Name
BRIAN
I sold those new so i put both to the test, the 6 is very slow for what it is launch sucks too, i know the 6 is awd but still not worth it. the 3 is very impressive in performance, 3rd gear has a great pull. it may smoke the tires but so does the srt-4. The 3 is about 8-10k cheeper than the 6 (new) and to me you get more car with the 3.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i guess i'll vote i dont care, cuz theres nothing about either car i really like enough to ever consider buying one

I'm just kinda throwing around ideas like usual because I really need to retain a 4 door if I upgrade, as much as I'd like a GTO or mustang.

Evo's with lower miles are out of my range, Slobalts don't come in supercharged 4 door models, Don't want an SRT-4 because its a dodge, and don't want WRX's because the 2 most recent ones I think are ugly as sin, and I don't want an 05 or older because it will most likely have been beat to piss, and have higher miles/no warranty.

any other ideas? 20K ish, 06/07, fast 4 doors, prefferable import, smaller, with decent mpg...

either way I want to test drive a speed...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
god the brand loyalty crap on this site is laughable

I've driven a regular mazda3 5 door with the sport package (same seats as the speed, and a few other trinkets) and thought it was about a million times nicer than my focus.

And I really don't mean to be brand loyal, I basically just kinda did a search for 4 door, 20K, manual and those 2 sprung up pretty quick.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Noted and agreed. Bout the only thing I would really really stay away from for performance is Honda. Shit, if I saw a 96-98 2V GT for sale for a cheap ass price, Id buy it and mess around for fun.

The honda is kinda 'up in the air' right now.

It demands a fairly high premium because its a 92 CX (Lightest, and most desirable as its pre-wired for everything ONLY for 1992 and is 2019lbs with no options because its a CX) and I'd rather have a nicer place than a 15 year old honda, and a 2007 ford slowcus.

If the civic sells, it sells, and the money from it will go toward debt, a downpayment on a bigger place to rent, and then the remainder would probably be enough to get me back into the green on the focus so I could trade it in for an upgrade without upping my payments much, if at all.

if it doesn't sell, oh well, I'll just sit on it, and spruce it up visually and continue to fix nick-nacks, Turbo is on Hiatus right now until I figure out what I'm gonna do

(Yes Yes, I'm wishy-washy, but realistically, a 14 second car with a warranty > a mid 15 second car that is 15 years old, and a Autotradgic focus)

Thread Info