Please help P1401

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
It was a nice day out so i decided to take my 98 cobra to work 5 miles away. On the way to work my check engine light went on, I got a little scared because I have replaced my o2 sensors for the steeda one's. Left early to swing by autozone to see what the problem was, the guy there told me its nothing to worry about and that it was a BS code..he said it could be one of 5 things... gas cap, dpf sensor, or some other little thing

my question was did anyone else have this problem on a sn95?

the code it gave was P1401 (Malfunction Control Auxiliary Emission Controls)

I have BBK headers, megnaflow high flow cats, megnaflow cat back)

what could it be? what should i check for?

booterr69

Feb 23, 2006
P1401 code.

I have a 99 navigator and last week the check engine light came on and when I hooked up my code scanner I got A P1401. I have a friend at a ford dealership and he told me to check my PCV valve, and sure enough it was bad, so I replaced it and erased the code and It's been 5 days and the code has not beek back since. Hope this will help. By the way the code translation is ( Lean bank one)

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
no mine was different the code it gave was P1401 (Malfunction Control Auxiliary Emission Controls)

When I came to FORD they looked at it and said it could be one of 6 things, and there was no way of telling untill i diagnos it... so i did and it turned out to be my DPFE sensor... it was only 90$ so nothing major

thank bud:biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• BAB
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list