Blah.

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Okay so my car has been weird lately. The past couple days, it's been very rarely misfiring slightly, which I figured was no HUGE problem...so today, I'm driving home from work and I figure, hey lets see if it's still doing it. I floored it in 2nd gear, and noticed I had a reading on my interceptor (Don't know how accurate these are) that cyl. 4 was misfiring (typical for our cars). Anyhow, I also saw a KR of 4.3 (I think that's bad?). I wanted to know if you can FEEL knock when it happens, because I didn't feel anything (which leads me to think it's false knock)...Anyhow yeah, what could be wrong? All I can think of is changing the plugs.

cliffs: knock, misfire, change plugs?

god I'm fucking tired.

edit: I want to also note that the car still feels perfectly fine...pulls hard like it should, and feels great (until it misfires)

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
knock retard is the PCM pulling timing to stop detonation and prevent damage to the engine. so with 4.3* of KR you don't feel the engine knock because the PCM is stopping it by pulling 4.3* of ignition timing.
for every degree of knock about 2HP is lost, so you are loosing about 9HP regardless if it is false or real.

change the plugs (should be easy on your engine), check the fuel pressure, and clean the MAF off just for shits. also check for broken exhaust hangers, loose motor/trans mounts, or really anything that could rattle and make noise that would cause false knock.

i have a whole writeup on knock retard if you want to read up on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info