painting "mustang" in rear bumper

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
instead of getting the inserts for the rear bumper cover, i was thinkin about masking off the area and painting it black. i am also going to do the lower area just above the exhaust tips where the oval section is (look at pic for referance)

should i just use a duplicolor rattle can? i think it would come out ok as long as i prep properly (sand the area where i am painting)

what do you guys think?

detailpics030dz5.jpg

Venomblue22

If you only knew
Mar 7, 2005
If your going to do that mask it off, scuff it down and use Wurth satin black, do a few test panels b4 you spray cuase you could run it, but once you get it dialed in this stuff looks awsome, its got a nice wide spray area too. Do one mist coat, let it flash off, then one heavier coat, let it flash off, and a final coat which should be a little bit heavier than your last coat :headbang:

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
dont paint the mustang black just in case down the road you dont like it...but painting the bottom part is a badass idea since the old 5.0 sn95 gt's had that painted black

if you want a how to on SVTP a guy named albino96 did it to his car and has a write up on there

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Venomblue22 said:
If your going to do that mask it off, scuff it down and use Wurth satin black, do a few test panels b4 you spray cuase you could run it, but once you get it dialed in this stuff looks awsome, its got a nice wide spray area too. Do one mist coat, let it flash off, then one heavier coat, let it flash off, and a final coat which should be a little bit heavier than your last coat :headbang:

wurth, where can u get this, auto or hardwear store?

i didnt think about the dripping but was deffinetly going to mask it. so test panels..like a piece of cardboard held up parrell to the bumper cover?

inserts may be easier... lol

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
WhtSuperStang said:
dont paint the mustang black just in case down the road you dont like it...but painting the bottom part is a badass idea since the old 5.0 sn95 gt's had that painted black

if you want a how to on SVTP a guy named albino96 did it to his car and has a write up on there

sweet, i'll have to check that out!!

thanks chris!!

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
WhtSuperStang said:
no prob zach! ive been thinking of doing the black piece on my car...and if i dont like it , the rear needs new paint anyway lol

is that a pic of zimstangs car?

edit: damn now you got me thinking of doing black bullets!!!

not sure whoes car it is but its sick!!

so you think i should do it? im still pondering the idea..but im leaning towards doin it rather than not. im talkin about the black bullits here...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info