IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
yea it was sitting outside of where i work, my sisters fiance bought it for 500bucks. Its been sitting for 2 years, has 107,000 miles on it. The front rotors are worn down to the cooling fins and the rear calipers were locked up so we just got 4 new loaded calipers and rotors. also changing all the fluids, wd40 in the spark plug holes, full tune up, and i just put new tires on it last friday. Hes paying me to do the work btw

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
the funny thing about those cars is that even though it is a 3.8L with a supercharger, the taurus SHO of the same year makes more horsepower with a N/A 3.0L and its also faster despite being a heavier car..

That S/C motor made 315lbs.ft of torque. You're trying to compare a pushrod relic with sophisticated Yamaha motor.

Those had the some of the first M90 s/c right? They could handle a ton of power but the first thing to do is get the engine blueprinted and the decks honed. Then your head gaskets will last forever.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
That S/C motor made 315lbs.ft of torque. You're trying to compare a pushrod relic with sophisticated Yamaha motor.

Those had the some of the first M90 s/c right? They could handle a ton of power but the first thing to do is get the engine blueprinted and the decks honed. Then your head gaskets will last forever.

the Super Coupe was a 'stoplight destroyer' because of its pile of torque, but it has no topend, and really no midend either...

Chrisco

is a work in progress
Jan 26, 2008
Downers Grove, IL.

Gettin the decks honed, eh?

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Gettin the decks honed, eh?

whats wrong with that? The ford 3.8s are notorious for having head gasket problems because the block wouldn't fit right with the heads. Primalzer knows more about it than i do. But if you machined the block then the gasket would do its job, making it last a long time.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info