Got My Solid

TaintedSnake01

Tainted Racing
Aug 14, 2005
My brother picked up my solid for me today and brought it over. Its a solid 8.8 out of a 87 Foxbody. First look I wasnt sure if it was going to work because of the brakes, but I called the guy back and he said that the brakes will mount up no problem just have to take the backing plate and mount it to the new axle]

Anything else you can think of on why it wouldn't mount up? I just want to make sure everything will work out before i start wire wheeling the axle to powercoat it.

thanks

Mike

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
I dont know man. I thought only newer 8.8's from a GT or Mach were the same. Then again with patients and will to see it through sure anything will and can work.

Forsure:
You will need the GT or Mach Sway bar, Different solid springs, Upper and lowers and the shocks that I know of not to mention all the stopping shit.

Hope it works out for ya. Good luck :biggthump

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
TaintedSnake01 said:
ive got all the parts lined up.

31 spline axles, carrier, upper and lower control arms, catback, 4.10 gear

just making sure i wouldnt run into any issues=
When you take apart the IRS I strongly reccomend that you weld your torque boxes. With 450+rwhp with a solid axle you will rip them or bend, if you go to the track.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
TaintedSnake01 said:
An Upper/Lower Torque Box Reinforcement kit is deffinately on the list, along will full length subframe connectors
yup than you should be good to go :biggthump . If I didnt get my Kenne Bell 2 weeks ago I would have already had my solid in, but hey one thing at a time, I cant wait...cant stand IRS. As far as subframes go get the Maximum Motorsports powder coated they r nice, I had Livernois do mine when I was working in Dearborn, they did a Hell of a Job. Cost around $220. If you shop around some places I heard will do it for around $150.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info