Fiero across the street

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
There's a Fiero across the street and the people have been working on it forever. I've been meaning to ask about it. They've been working on it way too long for it not to not be a swap or something. Here's a shitty illustration to show how it might all go down. Me being bored ftl.

tcg1gp7.gif

Mickey

Look at those low rates!
Feb 13, 2008
Normal, IL
Real Name
Mickey Cole
So I walked my happy ass across the street finally to talk to this dude. Turns out he's working on his brothers 1988 2.8. He ripped out all the fuel injection stuff and put in an Edelbrock 4 barrel. Apparently the reason why I've been listening to him rev the motor all day is because he's tuning it. I was hoping for a 3.8 s/c swap but no such luck :(

MuffHugger

Formerly GTP Mike
Jun 16, 2008
Lil Romeoville
Real Name
Mike
So I walked my happy ass across the street finally to talk to this dude. Turns out he's working on his brothers 1988 2.8. He ripped out all the fuel injection stuff and put in an Edelbrock 4 barrel. Apparently the reason why I've been listening to him rev the motor all day is because he's tuning it. I was hoping for a 3.8 s/c swap but no such luck :(

that bastard

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007

no 3.8 or SBC swap, no care.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
is it atleast the manual? Cause if its auto you can tell him to tell his brother to go back to the man factory and trade in his dick for a vag.

With the options being basically only muncie/getrag trannies, he's better off with the auto. Those trannies are piles of shit, but I guess they work if it's only got a slacker of a 2.8L behind it...

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
The Getrag 282(in the 2.8/3.1 powered GM cars) was weak and can't really handle anything above 250ish hp?

The Getrag 284(sat behind the 3.4 DOHC) is a lot stronger, however impossible to replace. If you want to rebuild, you can pray to the car gods that you find a 284 rebuild kit on ebay, or ship it to Getrag in Germany!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info