Problem

slackerme

Regular
Jan 16, 2006
Hello everyone

I recently installed a 1.7 I/C with big tube kit in december for my 03 gt I have about 1500 problem free miles on the kit until today

Anyways I havent drove the car in about 3 weeks. Started it up today and drove about 5 miles and parked. Started it back up and drove about 2 miles to the gas station because I was at a 1/8th tank which I never do and I didnt beat on the car at all. filled up with V Power at shell and accidentaly over filled and spilled and then left. I shifter to 3rd at about 50 mph and steped on the gas for about 3 sec not long at all and then to 4th ger for about 20 secs and then coasted because there was a train crossing the tracks which was about a total of 4 blocks from the gas station.

As I stopped the car started surging and the rpms were about to die then pop back up to idle and then about to die. I then notices white smoke behind me so i pulled off the road and turned the car off and white smoke was still coming out of the tail pipes.

There was a trouble code and I have my XCal so it said P0207 Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder #7

I tried to start again and it would just turn over. I tried for like 15 min like 7 times and there was nothin. I notices on my electronic fuel gauge that it read zero and it usually read about 40 with the ignition on. I checked the fuel pump and boost a pump and heard both running and also went up to the front and felt the fuel like to the injetors and felt it pulse when the key was turned on.

Then I noticed that after i turned it over and let off the key the pressure would jump to 40 so i then turned the key again righ away and it started up. It ran and idled fine now and fuel pressure was fine.

I live in a small town and drove about a block to my storage shed were the car is stored. Luckely it was close. anyways i went through 1st 2nd and 3rd shifting at 2400 with no probelm at all. I pulled in my shed hopped out the car to open the door and then it starting idles real bad and shooting white smoke out the pipes but i noticed my fuel pressure was fine. right at 32????

What do you guys think the probelm could be??? I am hoping the motor is fine because I dont have the extra cash for a fix and and hoping it is something stupid??

Like I said I have never had a problem with the car for the 1500 miles I have put on it.

The car was tuned on a dyne with 12.5 all A/F all the way across the board with 12 degrees of timing. I told him i wanted a safe tune. I put own 393/406

Any help please

Thanks

DAN

Cobra Dude

Regular
Mar 19, 2004
Could be your "Fuel Rail Sensor"

slackerme said:
Hello everyone

I recently installed a 1.7 I/C with big tube kit in december for my 03 gt I have about 1500 problem free miles on the kit until today

Anyways I havent drove the car in about 3 weeks. Started it up today and drove about 5 miles and parked. Started it back up and drove about 2 miles to the gas station because I was at a 1/8th tank which I never do and I didnt beat on the car at all. filled up with V Power at shell and accidentaly over filled and spilled and then left. I shifter to 3rd at about 50 mph and steped on the gas for about 3 sec not long at all and then to 4th ger for about 20 secs and then coasted because there was a train crossing the tracks which was about a total of 4 blocks from the gas station.

As I stopped the car started surging and the rpms were about to die then pop back up to idle and then about to die. I then notices white smoke behind me so i pulled off the road and turned the car off and white smoke was still coming out of the tail pipes.

There was a trouble code and I have my XCal so it said P0207 Injector Circuit Malfunction - Cylinder #7

I tried to start again and it would just turn over. I tried for like 15 min like 7 times and there was nothin. I notices on my electronic fuel gauge that it read zero and it usually read about 40 with the ignition on. I checked the fuel pump and boost a pump and heard both running and also went up to the front and felt the fuel like to the injetors and felt it pulse when the key was turned on.

Then I noticed that after i turned it over and let off the key the pressure would jump to 40 so i then turned the key again righ away and it started up. It ran and idled fine now and fuel pressure was fine.

I live in a small town and drove about a block to my storage shed were the car is stored. Luckely it was close. anyways i went through 1st 2nd and 3rd shifting at 2400 with no probelm at all. I pulled in my shed hopped out the car to open the door and then it starting idles real bad and shooting white smoke out the pipes but i noticed my fuel pressure was fine. right at 32????

What do you guys think the probelm could be??? I am hoping the motor is fine because I dont have the extra cash for a fix and and hoping it is something stupid??

Like I said I have never had a problem with the car for the 1500 miles I have put on it.

The car was tuned on a dyne with 12.5 all A/F all the way across the board with 12 degrees of timing. I told him i wanted a safe tune. I put own 393/406

Any help please

Thanks

DAN

slackerme

Regular
Jan 16, 2006
The plug is fine and everything is plugged in

I started it up today and it ran like crap and when i rev it it is like there is no power and the exhuast sounds like there is cats on the car. I have Off Road X. It sounds diff at idle as well if it stays idleing.
Also there the exhaust smells like gas really bad and there is gas shooting out the back when I rev it???

I was thinking maybe clyinder 7 the injector might be stuck open because its reading #7 injector circuit malfuntion????

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
sounds like your injector is "stuck" open. This would cause all your fuel pressure to be lost because the injector would be dumping all the fuel into cylinder number 7. To check this, remove the fuel rail from the manifold, leave everything connected, and turn the key to run. You will spill gas everywhere if it is sticking open, if not, none of them should prime or anything like that. As far as I know, the gt mustang has a return fuel system, thus it would not even have a frps. On that note, another cause for no fuel pressure would be a bad fuel pump check ball. I'm not too framiler with fords fuel systems, but on a gm this would be in the actual pump. Basically it's a small plastic or metal ball that is in the pump right before the lines connect to it. If this fails when you prime the fuel system, aka turn the car to run, it would prime to proper pressure than drop fuel pressure very quickly. The car should start if the key is turned fast enough and depending on the fuel requirements of the engine/pcm commands can cause a poor running condition.

EDIT: after re-reading post #5 I can tell you now, go buy an injector and replace number 7. It's stuck open.

green99_svt

Regular
Oct 10, 2005
the only reason you will ever get a po207 is if there is a malfunction in the wires to and from the #7injector, the#7 injector injector itself, or a failed pcm. i would start by checking the wires/ pcm with a noid light. if the light does not pulse just stays on there is a short to ground and the injector is being held open.(this is my guess). if the noid light flashes evenly buy an injector. now if the light stays on check for a short to ground in the wire from the injector to the pcm on the #7 cylinder. that or a failed injector driver in the pcm. to find out wich you have start by checking resistance from the injector wire to ground. if you get continuity unplug the pcm. if you loose continuity the pcm is failed. if you still have continuity to ground it is in the wire and you need to inspect the whole wire for any rubbing or pinching

green99_svt

Regular
Oct 10, 2005
please check the entire system prior to replacing parts. simply replaceing parts on a hunch can get expensive and sometimes the parts are not even needed. there is no way to repair an injector so if that is the problem you will need to replace it.

90% of the time a stuck injector will not throw a circuit malfunction code. as normally the electronics are ok, just the mechanical pintle is stuck open. thus the computer does not see a problem in the circuit.

slackerme

Regular
Jan 16, 2006
Long sstory short

P0207 was the code for cylinder 7 that I pulled

First thing I did was check the injector and pulled it put it in cylinder 5 and erased the 0207 code and then started to car let it run like shit for 2 min and then pulled a code of 0205.

So oviously it was the injector stuck open and I am happy its a easy and in expensive fix. WOOOW

Question is i ran the car for like a total of maybe 10 to 15 min at idle and ocasionaly revving to 2500 since it started acting up.

Do you guys think I should change all my plugs???

I would imagine so, but I just want to drive the damn thing when my new injector gets here and didnt know if it would be alright too

Thanks
DAN

slackerme

Regular
Jan 16, 2006
Ok help again anyone

Well I changed the injector in cylinder 7 and the car fired right up and since then it sometimes would drive alright and they sometimes like crap again like it was getting flooded

I noticed that sometimes when I would go to start I wouldnt get any fuel pressure again and then I would cycle the key back and forth and eventually I got pressure and it would start right up. Well like I said it sometimes would idle and run wierd and the exhaust sounds all muffled and they I noticed when I would rev it to like 3000 it would usually make it go aways for a while until it would happen again.

And let me mention I have put like 60 miles on since I have changed the injector and all plugs.

THe orriginal codes I pulled where 0207 and 1152 injector 7 problem and bank 2 running rich.

Well now that car wont ever get fuel pressure and when I do start the car by jamming the gas all the way down it runs like crap but I can still drive. The codes this time are 0206 and 1152 so same codes but cylinder 6.

Like said all along i thought it ran like it was getting flooded when I started running all wierd every once in a while.

SO my question is

I think it is another injector that is stuck open on 6 oviously but I dont want to buy 7 more new injectors

Is it possible that a bad tank of gas can ruin all your injectors like this or do you guys think it might have something to do with since they are used injectors.

I just think its so wierd they are all of a sudded starting to malfunction.

My thinking is that its another injctor but I am not sure if I should buy all new ones or if you guys think something else might be wrong with my computer or something telling the injector to stay open when really there is nothing wrong with the injector?

Should I bring it to a dealer and pay 100 dollars an hour or what.

This is not like me but I just want to light the car on fire and move on at this point J/K but im getting ticked that its summer and I cant drive the damn thing

Thanks
DAN

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
I wonder that maybe by running the car so low on gas and maybe making a sharp turn you sucked some crap at the bottom of the tank up into the fuel system and that has f'd up your injectors.

What makes it the most weird is its been running fine for so long. Almost seems like it has to be something recent to have messed it up.

Good Luck on a speedy and inexpensive repair!!:biggthump

slackerme

Regular
Jan 16, 2006
I was thinking the same thing???

Junk in the gas

I dunno at this point.

Wanna know whats wierd is I just drove it to il yesterday to the body shop

(If you havent read my other post about someone hitting me)

Anyway and it drove like alright then like crap and back and forth for like 30 miles and then after that it was fine. I pulled up to some bumper to bumper trafic thinking the worst because when It would start running shitty It was had to keep it running but the last 45 miles and the whole time in traffic it was fine.

Then I talked to the body shop today and they said it started right up for them to pull it into the shop???

Maybe running it on the highway cleaned it

Im just confused and sick of this shit

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info