help on motor

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
FR 500 HAND BUILT said:
Anybody have a 700 ft lb impact gun i can borrow? I need to get the front pulley off of my 03 motor and well I have nothing to hold the motor from rotating when i try and back that bolt out. Ideas would be great too! Thanks
I can transport the motor to you too if you have one also.

Can you put 2 bolts in the crank and wedge them against something? That how I did mine when it was on a stand.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
FR 500 HAND BUILT said:
Anybody have a 700 ft lb impact gun i can borrow? I need to get the front pulley off of my 03 motor and well I have nothing to hold the motor from rotating when i try and back that bolt out. Ideas would be great too! Thanks
I can transport the motor to you too if you have one also.

Put 2 of your flywheel bolts in the crank and use long srewdriver to wedge in between the bolts to keep it from rotating. Thats how I torque mine back in. And you should need any kind of fancy impact to get it out. I bought a $30 from Menards that got mine out the 2nd time. :biggthump

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 01' sleeper We must have been replying at the same time. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list