Question for Ford Techs...

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
So I had posted a while ago about the passenger side e-brake line being run incorrectly from the factory. This is preventing me from changing the rear brake pads. Here's pics for reference:

brakelinesqx9.jpg

brakelines1mi9.jpg

Anyhow, I was wondering... even though I'm out of my 3/36 warranty (only 25k on the clock actually) do you think something like this could still be taken care of at the dealership? I've gotta bring the car in for the gas pedal recall and would really rather have the dealership drop the rear and fix the e-brake line instead of doing it myself...

Thoughts?

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
ShelbyGuy said:
thats a five minute job to fix that, and its not holding you up from doing your brakes. the caliper comes off the mounting bracket first.

It is holding me back though... typically you need to unhook the e-brake line so you can get slack in the line and move it out of the way so you can access the bolts holding the calipers on. Unfortunately, I can't get a socket or open ended anything onto the lower bolt b/c he e-brake line is right in the way. I tried to push it over just enough to get a socket on there, but that wasn't happening. If it wasn't pinched under the hub (?) I could probably pull enough slack to get at the bolt, but it ain't happening with how it is...

Only option would be to start dropping the entire rear to release the line, right?

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
dun4791 said:
Release parking brake
Pry off C clip
pry lever towards front with screwdriver while pulling on the end of the cable with visegrips.

You can do it.

Hey Lyle,

I can get the cable off of the lever alright. On the driver's side, I then had to back the entire cable (with insulation/casing) out through the hole to give enough clearance. With how the cable is pinched on the passenger side, I can only get it to back out about 1/2 an inch, but need about 2 to get it completely out of the hole and out of the way of the lower bolt. Usually you've got some free play, slack, wiggle room, whatever, when it's through the hole in the 2nd picture. In my case, the thing is already tight and can't be pulled or pushed in either direction.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info