Help on an Old Ford Truck!!!

frdtch05gt

complete car nut
Jun 29, 2005
Easiest way to find TDC is pull the #1 plug and put your thumb over the hole, bump the motor over until you feel the compression. You should also be able to see the top of the piston as well. That's the way I do it at work since most of the timing markers on the older trucks are long gone, the trucks I work on are fleet vehicles. Once you have it on TDC, put the distributor in with the rotor as close to #1 as possible, and that will give you a good starting point for setting the timing.

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Feb 21, 2005
frdtch05gt said:
Easiest way to find TDC is pull the #1 plug and put your thumb over the hole, bump the motor over until you feel the compression. You should also be able to see the top of the piston as well. That's the way I do it at work since most of the timing markers on the older trucks are long gone, the trucks I work on are fleet vehicles. Once you have it on TDC, put the distributor in with the rotor as close to #1 as possible, and that will give you a good starting point for setting the timing.

just did that last night aha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Gibby_SVT
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list