Pics of my 3.8L Top Swap

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
^^as in 3.8 sc = 240 hp so I equal 250ish, which is 45-55hp from where I am now, stock NA is 200....

I'd need way more stickers for that kind of NA power:s00ls:

Nice job!!! I see on some top swaps the pulley is weird shaped to fit the routing of the belt, cause I guess a regular pulley sits farther back than an L67 car.....is yours going to be like that?

That is if you do just the supercharger and a conversion lower intake manifold, it uses the accessory belt, but you get no belt wrap and people get belt slip with stock sized pullies

Last edited:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
For the most part, but if you want to keep your heads you can go the SS m90 route.... but it is about 2k if you buy all your parts from them...... And my way was way way cheaper and I now have a tuner and braided SS lines........

So better for me yes, better for everyone, no :bigthumb:

Edit: and you can run two belts on the ss m90, you just need the pullies and Harmonic Balancer

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
^^as in 3.8 sc = 240 hp so I equal 250ish, which is 45-55hp from where I am now, stock NA is 200....

I'd need way more stickers for that kind of NA power:s00ls:

That is if you do just the supercharger and a conversion lower intake manifold, it uses the accessory belt, but you get no belt wrap and people get belt slip with stock sized pullies

if the blower is adding 5% more power, equating to 45-55 more hp, that would mean you're making between 900 and 1100 hp as it sits before the blower...

It's math:s00ls:

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
What are the differences in the motors between the SC 3800 and the NA 3800, besides it seems the heads?

NA: motor has Higher compression, one belt, smaller injectors, smaller throttle body, different pistons, 1-bar map sensor, injectors in the LIM, smaller fuel rail

SC: 2 bar map, reverse of most of above, 2 belt harmonic balancer, injectors in head, more complicated fuel rail

They share:
Block
Valves
pushrods, lifters, rockers, valve springs
cam (the GT cam is a few *'s off, but i don't know whether it is advance or retard)
Crank
Rods??
All sensors other than MAP
99% of the wiring harness
All accessories(alt, Wp, AC, ps....)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info