need more fuel

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
Well I finally got my tune from rwtd, and had a chance to datalog yesterday, just to find out my fuel pump duty cycle is 100%. I am currently running twin focus pumps with stock injectors. What would be the best option to get my duty cyle down to 85% or lower? I am open to all suggestion, since I know very little about these fuel systems.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
01Sleeper said:
Well I finally got my tune from rwtd, and had a chance to datalog yesterday, just to find out my fuel pump duty cycle is 100%. I am currently running twin focus pumps with stock injectors. What would be the best option to get my duty cyle down to 85% or lower? I am open to all suggestion, since I know very little about these fuel systems.

Either swap a KB BAP or just swap over to twin GT pumps w/ upgraded wiring.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
I thought that the options would be:

- Cobra pumps w/ BAP
- Twin Focus pumps w/ dual FPDMs and harness or single modified FPDM
- GT Pumps with upgraded wiring

How is it that you are maxed out aleady, doesn't make sense to me...

My question would be is it that the smaller injectors are cycling more trying to make up for what ya need? Is it possible that going bigger on the injectors may help reduce the duty cycle and increase delivery with less friction flow? Just thinking out loud here... don't castrate me.

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
Flatliner said:
I thought that the options would be:

- Cobra pumps w/ BAP
- Twin Focus pumps w/ dual FPDMs and harness or single modified FPDM
- GT Pumps with upgraded wiring

How is it that you are maxed out aleady, doesn't make sense to me...

My question would be is it that the smaller injectors are cycling more trying to make up for what ya need? Is it possible that going bigger on the injectors may help reduce the duty cycle and increase delivery with less friction flow? Just thinking out loud here... don't castrate me.

I am leaning toward the gt pumps, that way I SHOULD never have to upgrade again. I think it is maxed now with the ported blower, I know Carl is really close without the port. :dunno: I don't even have the ported plenum on yet, a little nervous now with the pumps. I have been looking for a good deal on the injectors for a while now, I think I may just end up buying the new :dunno:.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
Dgussin has some 60#, used, but give him a PM, maybe you guys can work something out. I didn't realize that he was that close to maxing out. What doesn't make sense to me is how is it that Larry runs stock pumps (I think) with a BAP and is good? Then again, I never asked what his dc is.

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
Flatliner said:
Dgussin has some 60#, used, but give him a PM, maybe you guys can work something out. I didn't realize that he was that close to maxing out. What doesn't make sense to me is how is it that Larry runs stock pumps (I think) with a BAP and is good? Then again, I never asked what his dc is.

Will do, thanks. I think it is because the focus pumps SUCK.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
Just curious, did yours look like this?

Attachments

• dsc03303.jpg
    dsc03303.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 60

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
There shouild be more than enough fuel from that setup if you just finish it properly. Add a BAP and a wiring up grade. I was doing 600+++ HP on that setup with no issues.
The GT pumps are nice, but demand more wiring upgrades and line up grades that in your case, at the moment, are unnecessary.
You CAN just stick the GT pumps in the tank, but you probably won't be any better off than you are now, possibly worse off because of the greater electrical load they place on the system (that you can's support now).
There is a lot more to this fuel system than just the pumps.

Dana

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Like Bob said, I would do the modded FPDM first and see where that puts you. If it still to high for ya, then I would do the GT pumps or BAP.... but you will need a modified FPDM (or wire in 2 stock FPDMS) in either case.

And I doubt you will need injectors yet. The stock injectors are typically good to at least 530 rwhp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info