GTP left me stranded... FAIL

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
So i am driving down Army Trail in Bloomingdale, and I notice my engine sounds a little different, FAIL. The noise gets worse when I am on the gas. I pull into a gas station and park under a tree. I check everything out and it all looks good. (wtf) So I start the car again, noise is still there, this time I notice my pulley isnt exactly spinning strait its going side to side kinda. I shut off the car. I check out the pulley and one of the MPS screws is about to come out and most of them were loose and I could move them with my hand. FAIL. I tighten them by hand as much as I could and start the car. Pulley was still loose, FAIL. Since I didn't have a allen wrench to tighten the screws im pretty screwed. I try to pull the Supercharger belt off by hand. FAIL. I walk into the gas station and ask if there is a hardware store or autozone around. They say its a few miles away. FAIL. I wasnt going to walk a few miles in heat like this. So I walk across the street to Walgreens to see if they got any toolz. No allen wrenches but they have a ghetto socket set for $9.99, I bought that. I removed the belt then took the pulley off. All the screws came off by hand. Then I notice my 3.5 idler pulley is touching another pulley with the belt off so I take off the idler pulley, then realized I did that for nothing as the other pulley wasnt going to be spinning anyway. FAIL. I start the car and drive home with the SC belt off. niceeeee

My question is, how did these screws come loose? The last time I tightened them was like a week ago when I changed pulleys. Should I buy new screws? Buy a new MPS hub? or just say fuck it and put everything back and make sure I check the screws often. ALso should I be alarmed about the grease or whatever inside the pulley?

11kxmoo.jpg

fny3k2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info