Vibration/clicking?

Sep 14, 2006
Ever since i got my car back from the shop, i have had a pronounced but intermittent vibration that comes up through the floor. it's mostly occuring when i am either accelerating, or letting the car slow down without the brakes. i have 4 new tires, 2 new wheels, new struts, new pass. side knuckle,new control arms, new stabilizer bar, and a new differential. i am worried it is either an out of balance wheel (but it should be a steady vibration, right?) bent driveshaft (once again, should be constant right?), or possibly the rear end is cocked at an angle? or could it even be moving slightly? i don't have much confidence in this body shop's mechanical skills anymore. or could it be something silly? the U joint looks ok, so i don't think it's loose or damaged. Anyone know how i could check for a solution without taking it to a mechanic?
Also, i have a strange, loud clicking sound. seems to be on the top of the motor, pass. side, around the 2nd injector back. would a faulty injector make a clicking noise? or could it be valvetrain related? i am not showing any trouble codes, but the car does seem slightly sluggish since i got it back. Thanks for any help anyone can give me! I'll probably end up taking it to the stealership anyways, but i would like to know if it's something simple i can fix!

Sep 14, 2006
it's all stock stuff, i had an accident, and they added brand new parts and old recycled crap. stock type diff. with less miles than my old one. it's coming up through the floor, not the steering wheel, and i can really feel it when my foot is on the gas pedal. i know it if was the front wheel balance i would probably feel it through the steering wheel. you can even hear a slight rumble that i've never heard before. i just noticed it when i took it around the block a bit ago.could it be a bad axle bearing? i can't imagine i would feel that through the floor like this :dunno: also it seems like the steering has a little more play in it that before, but i could be wrong.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Man it could be everything you mentioned.

You can get it up on a lift and while under load (moving) see if you can see anything under there or hear it.

Imo I would have a EXPERT Collision guy test drive it and give you a idea what to look at.

It could be as easy and a out of balance wheel or bent rim you cant notice. I would have another person DBL check the balancing before you spend big money having a shop figure it out.

Btw... If you had a shop do the work why not take it back to them and complain?

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
SinisterSilverGT said:
i'm planning on it, but i want a leg to stand on. i have a stronger and stronger feeling it's the new differential, and i am going to insist on a NEw rearend, not another recycled piece of junk. but i would like to know before they try to talk me into thinking it's nothing, or something else

Yea who knows what kind of damage the donor car was in before you got parts off it.

Get another opinion and use that as back up in the event they try to push it under the table.

See problem is , You already picked up the car and either signed the other part of the insurnace check over to the autobody shop or gave the ok for your adjuster to hand it over ect..Once thats done its going to be ruff going cuz the Repair place has been paid in full and the agents claim is closed.

Hopefully you can get them to fix it or have your agent go to bat for you since your not happy. The adjuster can set a fire up their ass and fix it right or they both can say SOL to you?

If they are a authorized repair center they will honor your claim to fix it if they want to keep in good standings with there bread and butter claims adjuster.

It can go either way, hopefully ion your way cuz your not at fault!

good luck man.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
99 Stangbanger said:
Yea who knows what kind of damage the donor car was in before you got parts off it.

Get another opinion and use that as back up in the event they try to push it under the table.

See problem is , You already picked up the car and either signed the other part of the insurnace check over to the autobody shop or gave the ok for your adjuster to hand it over ect..Once thats done its going to be ruff going cuz the Repair place has been paid in full and the agents claim is closed.

Hopefully you can get them to fix it or have your agent go to bat for you since your not happy. The adjuster can set a fire up their ass and fix it right or they both can say SOL to you?

If they are a authorized repair center they will honor your claim to fix it if they want to keep in good standings with there bread and butter claims adjuster.

It can go either way, hopefully ion your way cuz your not at fault!

good luck man.

Edit.... hey man, why not spend a few bucks and have a tire shop toss your rims and see if they are unbalanced first. Its in your driveline forsure with what you say its doing.

Where was your car hit? If your rearend is not set straingt you should notice uneven wear on the rear treads!

Sep 14, 2006
it went sideways and backwards into a raised median, so it was pretty much impacted on the rear wheel, then the front wheel, on the passenger side. they had to replace the whole rear differential. the had to replace both wheels on that side too. When i play with the TCS, it seems to start, and even after turning it off the vibration seems to continue. i am really thinking it's the pumpkin, and i am probably going to take it to the dealership to have them check it out before i take it back to Central Auto, where they did the repairs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info