13" Cobra rear brakes?

mikev08826

Regular
Sep 3, 2006
01 BLK SVT said:
I was just wondering if a 13" brake rotor upgrade kit for the rear of a 2001 Cobra exists. I am getting conflicting information. I cannot find any kit for a Cobra just Gt's and V6. Any information???

They used to have the full cobra brake kit here.

A 13" rear rotor is massive...I guess I'm not sure what your asking...

Is this what your looking for???

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
mikev08826 said:
They used to have the full cobra brake kit here.

A 13" rear rotor is massive...I guess I'm not sure what your asking...

Is this what your looking for???

Where's ShelbyGuy, the info I will be sharing could be better told by him, since it's a synopsis of what he told me.

You can't run the 13" out back because of some problem with the break booster. You have to do major mods, and it's not worth it, plus, it won't yield better results because the brake system is limited by an even weaker link, usually the tires.

Mustang68

Jul 30, 2006
ive usually found most people that want 13" ones have done rim upgrades.. either they went to 17" rims (minimum theyll clear in from what ive read on every brake site) or went bigger... BAER has a whole kit for 13" front and rear but its request only.. normal kit is 13" front 11-12" rear depending on the kit you get.. they also have an upgradable mastercyl that will push more fluid than the stock mastercyl does.. but the mastercyl you have to request its not put in with any of their kits... would be something id really suggest to get if your going to go to 13" rear rotors..

Mustang68

Jul 30, 2006
thats part of why when i get my new rims im doing the brakes as well.. for the look... same time the bigger ur rims get over stock theres more effort needed to stop with the bigger rims... 1-2 inches difference in the rim size wont really make a big difference on the braking effort.. but theres is some... its more for the really oversized ones that need it... same with really oversized tires... youll have more mass that the stock systems are trying to stop with decreased... for lack of a better word... ability to do so cuz of the changes.... also recomended whenever you start boosting the performace output of the car...

as far as the differences between the GT and cobra master cyls go.. ill leave that one for someone else because i dont have enough knowlege on the differences of the 2 to really give you a correct answer on.. and dont want to give out bad info on it.

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
u definitely dont need 13 inch rear brakes
unless ur runnning some enormous front brakes the bigger rears wont benefit you, and on the street with street tires its just about impossible to be able to use all of that brake

just look at the cobra r for example
13 inch brembos up front with the cobra 11.65 inch rears

01 BLK SVT

K DUB
Nov 7, 2006
Fast99Snake said:
u definitely dont need 13 inch rear brakes
unless ur runnning some enormous front brakes the bigger rears wont benefit you, and on the street with street tires its just about impossible to be able to use all of that brake

just look at the cobra r for example
13 inch brembos up front with the cobra 11.65 inch rears

It is more for a visual thing. A GT with 18" wheels and 13" brakes looks better than just the plain 11.65. I am just looking into this for looks. I know there is no reason I would ever need that much brakes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info