No2 ?'s

Sep 17, 2005
Im thinking about buying a NOS kit from a friend, its a really good deal. I just wanted to get some opinions and input form my fellow svt's about it before i get real serious about it. It is a NOS wet kit, plate system, 75-150 adjustable shot, specifically for the 03/03 cobras. ive never used no2 of any brand so, just looking for some pros/cons of this system. if i do get it, i wont be runnign anymore then a 75hp shot. thanks

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
-<SVT04>- said:
key element, without tune car wont know when the nitrous is being sprayed. A tune will allow the car to feed more fuel to the motor to keep it from leaning out. Another is a window switch, which will only allow you to spray within a safe RPM for the motor. Let me know if you have any other questions.

It appears that he plans to run a wetkit, he doesn't need to mess with fuel whatsoever in his tune.

The only kind of tuning he will need to do for that 75 wetshot is jetting the proper fuel jet to get his A/F dead on to where he wants it when spraying and maybe drop a degree or two of timing if he wants to keep things extra safe. He probably will not need to even do that unless he has an already aggressive tune for his car right now when it comes to timing advance.

People, if you are going to post answers to other's tech questions in here at least make sure that you are paying close enough attention so that you don't end up giving bad tech advice. While giving shit for tech advice may not mean much to you the person who got the bad info and ends up paying for a tune they didn't need, or screwing something up will not be too happy about it. Just pay attention before giving advice guys. :nono:

rocket5979 said:
It appears that he plans to run a wetkit, he doesn't need to mess with fuel whatsoever in his tune.

The only kind of tuning he will need to do for that 75 wetshot is jetting the proper fuel jet to get his A/F dead on to where he wants it when spraying and maybe drop a degree or two of timing if he wants to keep things extra safe. He probably will not need to even do that unless he has an already aggressive tune for his car right now when it comes to timing advance.

I'd have to agree with that. The only thing I'd recommend though is getting a direct port setup if at all possible. EFI manifolds weren't intended to flow fuel through them, so there's an increased risk of individual cylinder fuel starvation which can damage the motor.

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
getsomebeyatch said:
Wow goes to show how smart you are about cars should you even have a Cobra NO2 :loser:

What the hell is NO2??? Just a suggestion, but if you plan to call someone else out to punk them you might want to refrain from making yourself look like an ass in the process by not using proper terminology. Just a bit if friendly advice. :biggthump I hope that was just a pun intended with the NO2 part... :dunno:

getsomebeyatch

Regular
May 28, 2006
rocket5979 said:
What the hell is NO2??? Just a suggestion, but if you plan to call someone else out to punk them you might want to refrain from making yourself look like an ass in the process by not using proper terminology. Just a bit if friendly advice. :biggthump I hope that was just a pun intended with the NO2 part... :dunno:

Yeah it was just a joke man calm down. He is my cousin and we go around flamin each other all the time on this site. I know its n20 i was just mocking him.
Its all in good humor w/ each other, I wouldnt do this to other people that I dont know just because im not out to be an @sshole.

Sep 17, 2005
rocket5979 said:
Hey genius I was trying to look out for you. There was no ownage that occured. If you and your cousin want to be idiots in here then be prepared for people to call you on it when making dumb comments. :laughing2

Keep acting like a child and see how many people stop bothering to give you solid tech advice. ;)

:D lol i was just owned. you need to lighten up though dude. get off my thread then and save your words of wisdom for those who have no sense of humor and cant take jokes, we're not takign away the integrity of this site or thread witha few harmless comments. :rolleyes: but thanks for the advice :biggthump

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
svtslowcar said:
:D lol i was just owned. you need to lighten up though dude. get off my thread then and save your words of wisdom for those who have no sense of humor and cant take jokes, we're not takign away the integrity of this site or thread witha few harmless comments. :rolleyes: but thanks for the advice :biggthump

I was just trying to help you out so I don't appreciate those retarded comments. If you want to goof around with your cousin then fine, I do the same with my friends around here too sometimes. But when someone who doesn't know what is going on tries to back you up you might want to let them in on the secret instead of saying a retarded comment like "owned". Just doesn't show much appreciation for my effort towards trying to help you out. I would figure that someone close to my age would see that. :dunno:

You keep doing what you want to do. I could personally care less what antics you get into in this forum anymore. :cool:

Sep 17, 2005
rocket5979 said:
I was just trying to help you out so I don't appreciate those retarded comments. If you want to goof around with your cousin then fine, I do the same with my friends around here too sometimes. But when someone who doesn't know what is going on tries to back you up you might want to let them in on the secret instead of saying a retarded comment like "owned". Just doesn't show much appreciation for my effort towards trying to help you out. I would figure that someone close to my age would see that. :dunno:

You keep doing what you want to do. I could personally care less what antics you get into in this forum anymore. :cool:

haha, man its all good, we aren't out to embarass you, so sorry if you took it that way. but we are retarded :) ttyl man

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info