Quick street vs drag radial tire question

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Depends on the make of the street radial

Im willing to get that a 315 Goodyear GSD3 or a 315 BFG KD would provide pretty good traction... even with those gears in 1st.

Those are really really expensive tires though, and because of that Id recommend the 315 Nitto DR since its almost a street radial anyways

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Yeah I would go with the Nitto. It is still a pretty hard compound (unless you get em really hot) and they tend to last a pretty long time. I got 10k miles on my last set.

They are pretty much a street tire in the colder air though. With 4.10s and 500 ftlbs I cannot hook at all if it below 40 degrees.

They are great when it is warmer out though!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Blood on Blood said:
But for daily driving, I thought the Nittos and other drag radial tires do not mix well with wet conditions?

Most don't. Yet again a lot of people still haul ass in the rain. If you drive 'normal' in the rain, which you should, you won't have any problems starting or stoping. Even in a sticky situation you will be fine.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
In my opinion, if you go with the drag radial, go with the 245 if you can. It may be smaller, but a 315 won't hook better than a 245. The 315 is not only heavier, but it's also considerably more expensive. I would only do a 315 if you really want the wide tire look.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info