Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
eties2.gif

follow the link for vid
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/07/10/video-gm-releases-corvette-zr1s-7-26-4-ring-attack/

Chitowngst

My sig is my bitch!
Jan 25, 2008
Burbs.
Ok, I don't post here much because I sort of sick of reading how the SHO and a Buick were the greatest handling, drag cars on earth... etc.

That aside, I used to be a GTR nut-swinger; however, I've been thinking a lot lately about all these new Japanese cars. The GTR is the epitome of what I hate: THE WHOLE FUCKING CAR IS NOTHING BUT ELECTRONICS! There isn't even a fucking manual transmission. What happen to a raw drivers car?

Not saying that a car has to be bare bones, but if you're a ZR1 and you're a shitty driver, you'll never be fast and will most likely crash like a stupid-ass. Driving a GTR with those skills is fine because all the little electronics will make you look like a champ. Fuck that bullshit. Just like the EvoX.

I love my Mitsus to death, but fuck the X. Give me my Evo9. A drivers car. Raw, pure and simple. That's automotive bliss. Not driving a car that's like playing a video game.

With that said, an import guy will end his post with this:

ZR1 > GTR.

See ya.

Edit: Let me also add that I'm even more impressed that the Vette still even rocks fucking leaf springs!

Last edited:

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:eek3: its like losing a knight of the round table

you need to start posting again

and i do agree about the gtr being too much about technology....ive quietly thought that since it first started producing track numbers...its lost what make previous iterations so great. yea they had the awesome awd setup but they were still a drivers vehicle. manual, a potent engine and just sick potential. the main reason i ride the gtr's coattails so hard is b/c of my sick obsession w/ the cars....i cant bring myself to admit its an inferior car in many respects and moreover, i cant readily admit when i'm wrong when ive been preaching its greatness for so long. would i still take a gtr over the zr1? yes...but not b/c i think its the overall better car....i just have to b/c i cant turn away a dream :hs:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ok, I don't post here much because I sort of sick of reading how the SHO and a Buick were the greatest handling, drag cars on earth... etc.

That aside, I used to be a GTR nut-swinger; however, I've been thinking a lot lately about all these new Japanese cars. The GTR is the epitome of what I hate: THE WHOLE FUCKING CAR IS NOTHING BUT ELECTRONICS! There isn't even a fucking manual transmission. What happen to a raw drivers car?

Not saying that a car has to be bare bones, but if you're a ZR1 and you're a shitty driver, you'll never be fast and will most likely crash like a stupid-ass. Driving a GTR with those skills is fine because all the little electronics will make you look like a champ. Fuck that bullshit. Just like the EvoX.

I love my Mitsus to death, but fuck the X. Give me my Evo9. A drivers car. Raw, pure and simple. That's automotive bliss. Not driving a car that's like playing a video game.

With that said, an import guy will end his post with this:

ZR1 > GTR.

See ya.

Edit: Let me also add that I'm even more impressed that the Vette still even rocks fucking leaf springs!

Right. Buicks the most impressive car ever. :picard:

I do agree though. However, Im more of an electronics fan. Plus the GTR is cheaper.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info