Any street-cars with rollcages?

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
Yellowgiser said:
where are you getting ur cage done??

any pics of what it might look like?

Behind bars race cars probably, they do awesome work. They are booked pretty good I hear. Im not getting it done for a while so no pics but the best looking cage is a custom one now a stick and weld one from a mailorder or internet site. The only stick and weld cage I would recomend is one from wolfe racecraft, I hear that they are the best.

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
Box 1 said:
Behind bars race cars probably, they do awesome work. They are booked pretty good I hear. Im not getting it done for a while so no pics but the best looking cage is a custom one now a stick and weld one from a mailorder or internet site. The only stick and weld cage I would recomend is one from wolfe racecraft, I hear that they are the best.

someone recomended these guys on another forum, but they look pro so Ill give em a call tomorrow and see if they will even bother with a regular cage :dunno:

www.Alstonracing.com

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I understand it may cost more money; however, one might think about having all of the interior removed from the car, including the head liner, dash and carpet. Then have the roll cage installed. And finally, reinstall the interior components (granted some may have to be custom made) over the roll cage.

As a result, the interior would have a clean look and the roll bars would be out of site.

Just a thought.

Dave

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
Blood on Blood said:
I understand it may cost more money; however, one might think about having all of the interior removed from the car, including the head liner, dash and carpet. Then have the roll cage installed. And finally, reinstall the interior components (granted some may have to be custom made) over the roll cage.

As a result, the interior would have a clean look and the roll bars would be out of site.

Just a thought.

Dave

thanks guys for the info+link

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Rick's Racecraft in Yorkville also makes custom cages/roll bars.

Your safety is something to consider when thinking about a roll bar for a street car. It may do more harm than good. Roll bars are ok for the track when you are wearing a helmet, but on the street, even a very minor crash can cause you to hit your head on the bar and hurt yourself. Padding won't help much.

Also, if you're a street racer, don't do the cage, because you'll never get anybody to race you.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Aron said:
Your safety is something to consider when thinking about a roll bar for a street car. It may do more harm than good. Roll bars are ok for the track when you are wearing a helmet, but on the street, even a very minor crash can cause you to hit your head on the bar and hurt yourself. Padding won't help much.

Excellent point.... You would literally have to build the cage to fit within the space of the A, B and C pillars as if the car came with the cage from the factory.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Blood on Blood said:
Excellent point.... You would literally have to build the cage to fit within the space of the A, B and C pillars as if the car came with the cage from the factory.

Yep, even wearing a seat belt isn't going to help. A seat belt will not keep you in place. Roll bars/cages are meant for all out race cars with 5 point harnesses that hold you in place. Also keep in mind that harnesses are not DOT approved, so they are not legal alternatives to a seat belt, even though they are safer.

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
Aron said:
Rick's Racecraft in Yorkville also makes custom cages/roll bars.

Roll bars are ok for the track when you are wearing a helmet, but on the street, even a very minor crash can cause you to hit your head on the bar and hurt yourself. Padding won't help much.

yeah thats the deal breaker!!

im still thinking about it

Thanks guys

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info