what tires would u get???

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
im gonna be buying wheels in the next couple weeks and was wondering what tires i should go with :thumbup:

NITTO Extreme Performance NT555R Drag Radial (315/35-17)

Price- $190 each

+nice and sticky plus look sexy

-all the crap they will be picking up in the summer and throwing it up against my paint, plus will never need them for drag strip because a friend of mine will lend me his slicks.

mustangtuning_1932_13657505.jpg

Cheap Sumitomo HTR Z
Size: 315/35ZR17
Blackwall
ZR Speed Rated
Price: $99.00 (each)

+ I dont have to worry about rocks being picked up and thrown against my paint...and can lay down some nice patches during the summer and not worry about them
- they wont be as sticky as the dreg radials+look ugly

su_htr_z.jpg

please i need ur input :thumbup:

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
chevyboy69 said:
mickey thompson et street radials

so no one would recoment getting those 100$ tires to just have fun in??

how fast will the dragradials erase? (from normal driving)

Isnt it true they mass up ur paint job alot?? from all the little things they throw up at ur car...or do most of them hit the underneath??

Thanks

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Yellowgiser said:
how fast will the dragradials erase? (from normal driving)

Isnt it true they mass up ur paint job alot?? from all the little things they throw up at ur car...or do most of them hit the underneath??

Thanks
I think the norm for those Nittos is about 8-10K with moderate abuse. They wont mess up your paint job, the Nitto DR isnt a super soft compound tire...it'll throw up a few pebbles here and there, but nothing crazy.

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
MGT2002 said:
if you're worried about the rear bumper, just have a shop put some 3M clear bra on the back

oh no not the rear bumber...just the side of the car... but im pretty sure ill go with the nittos...

whats a good site to look at some tires that u guys mentioned earlier?

i went to tire rack, ebay, discount tire, mustangtuning...but its so limited

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Yellowgiser said:
oh no not the rear bumber...just the side of the car... but im pretty sure ill go with the nittos...

whats a good site to look at some tires that u guys mentioned earlier?

i went to tire rack, ebay, discount tire, mustangtuning...but its so limited

www.svtspeed.com (site sponsor) has a good price on the nittos

www.lethalperformance.com is pretty good too

or just go to the local discount tire and check on some prices

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
If you have tires to use at the strip why get a drag radial at all?? If i were you I would get any decent street tire. Any BFG g force is good, just know that the G Force Sports suck in rain. Kumho Ecsta ASX is one of the few with a mileage warranty, but they don't make those in 315/35r17 only 275/40r17. Stay away from goodyears cuz they don't last long or get good traction. Don't get sumitomo, dont get bridgestone, don't get firestone. Stick with a BFG or with the kumhos just cuz the mileage warranty.

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
N20GT said:
If you have tires to use at the strip why get a drag radial at all?? If i were you I would get any decent street tire. Any BFG g force is good, just know that the G Force Sports suck in rain. Kumho Ecsta ASX is one of the few with a mileage warranty, but they don't make those in 315/35r17 only 275/40r17. Stay away from goodyears cuz they don't last long or get good traction. Don't get sumitomo, dont get bridgestone, don't get firestone. Stick with a BFG or with the kumhos just cuz the mileage warranty.

thanks man

someone told me the same thing about kumhos on another forum....

its not that a i want a drag radial, i want a 315, and usually those are drag radials..

BAB

"BOX 4"
Sep 11, 2006
Yellowgiser said:
thanks man :biggthump

Will i need to customize anything to fit 17x10.5 plus 315 nitto tires on my sn95???????

:rolleyes:
found it

Fitting 335-wide Tires on the Back of Your Cobra

1.) Remove both quad-shocks

2.) Using a hammer, tap the E-brake cable bracket downward to give an inch of clearance (should be on the front-side of the rear tire on the inside)

3.) Using a ball-peen hammer, start pounding in any sharp edges or obtrusive bumps on the inner-fenderwell. You may have to real hit hard, but it'll bend, and this won't hurt anything, people have done it for years.

4.) The wheels MUST be at least 10.5 inches wide, which should mean they are a reverse-mount wheel, AKA, the tire is installed starting on the BACK of the wheel, so be sure to tell the tire-mounters to absolutely LUBE THE HELL out the back lip of the wheel or else they're gonna have a tough time squeezing them on.

After you take a 30-min around-town drive, you should have noticed it rub at least once if there is an inner-fenderwell area that needs more attention. Don't be alarmed if it rubs, it is REALLY loud, but usually doesn't hurt the tire because it's only hitting a smooth piece of thin metal, not a knife-edge. Just get in there, see where the rub-mark is, and pound it in. The key trouble area I noticed is at the "top-front" of the inside of the tire. Picture the biggest square you could could draw within the boundaries of your tire (outside diameter), then look at the top corner towards the front of the car. This is a trouble-spot, so pound it good. I had 3/8" spacers on hand just in case, but I didn't even need them and still had 1/2" of clearance on the inside edge. Hope this helps if anybody is gonna try this. The tires look BAD FREAKING ASS from the rear, AND, they are mounted on the new deep-dish black Cobra R's, which look pretty awesome on my lowered black Cobra. No joke, you will have never seen tires this wide on an SN-95, and it looks SOOOOOO mean from the rear.

Kyle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info