Theft light on the dash will not shut off!!!!

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Well, the temp. outside is below zero and the stock "Theft" light came On, which is located on the dash. No blinking, just On.

The Mach 1 locks, unlock and starts. When the key is turned in the ignition and the Mach 1 is started, the "Theft" light turns Off. However, upon removing the key from the ignition, after a few seconds, the "Theft" light comes back on and stays luminated.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Dave

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Fired up the car and drove it for about 45 minutes. Runs okay, but now the "Theft" light flickers at a high rate of speed when the car is off.

If this continues, then I will take it in. Heck, the weather is cold and it is a Ford, so that means the issue will probably work itself out....

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You car obviously has special powers and can see the future. Its probably trying to tell you that someone has been scoping it out and is planning on stealing it. You'd better keep an eye on that special mach. If anyone found out that it had special powers like Kit from nightrider, it would be worth millions. I say let it speak. Maybe the service engine soon light means you are not giving it enough love and attention. Better get on that.

PS: clear out the computer by disconnecting the neg. battery terminal and it should shut up. Otherwise, take it to the doctor.

:cool2:

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
HAL9000 is watching you!

Attachments

• Hal-9000.jpg
    Hal-9000.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 15

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Do a search on google for PATS. Also try Mfords, and maybe SVTP. Their is a ton of information out their. PATS 1 started in 1996 and PATS 2 sometime in '99. I never messed with PATS stuff before. It is a pretty good system and ive never ran into problems with any customer's cars. I have worked on a TON of crappy Pass key 1 & 2 systems...What a peice of junk..............

Kevin

slow83

hulk smash!
Nov 5, 2006
ive seen some issues with pats on mustangs ive worked on in the past best bet is to see what code was set in the pats system and check the system over i have seen many mustangs have wires with bad conections shorts and breaks in the pats wires coming from the ignition switch mostly at the end of the tilt wheel

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
The bulbs can not be removed in the instrument cluster.
The PATS system can be disabled in the tune, if you need to though. I don't recommend it, but it can be done.

I would start checking for loose wires/connections.
The PATS system is made up of 3 components: the dash, the key and the PCM. Any of them can cause the system to fail.

Good luck on this one.

Dana

O

oohsoobad2

If you guy have chips, check your connection.

I was once 200 miles from home and my car suddenly wouldnt start,and had the anti-theft light on. I tried everything I could think of, then before I called the tow truck I looked at the Computer just to see and sure enough the chip was loose.

dmint

Regular
Aug 15, 2005
Hoffman Estates
Blood on Blood said:
The whole issue started with the cold weather on Saturday. If it continues, I will take a ride to the dealership and have them take a look.

Thank you all for your input.

Same with me. The light hasn't come back on since this morning, so we'll see what tomorrow brings. My car does not have a chip, but it does have a diablosport predator tune.

I guess its just a Mach thing! lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info