JE or Manley pistons

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
I'm building a 4.6 Dohc engine for boost application 600-700 rwhp .I have a chance to buy a barley used JE or Manley forged pistons for around $400.My brother is running manley pistons so I know that they work great so far on his car but I don't have any experience with JE pistons.Which pistons would you guys recommend?

JE part # 257543 JE pistons

Manley part #4-5941208 Manley pistons

Thanks.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Bullitt-1469- said:
What evidance do you have for that statement?

I have spoken with just about everyone in the business, as well as heard and driven a JE piston car. They are just plain noisy.
The most recent Manley pistons from MMR are set to run a .003 wall clearance, as well as the Diamonds, which equate to no noise.
Ive yet to find a JE owner who does not have the piston slap sound when the car is cold, or even when its hot in some cases.
Ive had CP pistons in my Marauder, them went to a Diamond and was the most satisfied with the diamond.

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
My brother had little piston slap with his manley pistons when the car was cold for about first 200 miles but it's pretty quiet now.I don't really care if I'll have a little piston slap when the car it's cold as long as they'll work with no problems.It won't be my DD car ,so piston slap don't bother me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info