Ordered my FPR... Again, Wish me luck

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
whod u go thru this time

Atlanticspeed.com,

I ordered my B+M Short shifter from them (first like 'high quality' item I bought for the civic after the motor swap) because they had the best price by like $5, I got the item 2 days after paying for it via UPS, and they emailed me every step of the way *regardless of it probably being autonomous, its re-assuring getting an Email saying "Your package should have arrived today, contact us at XXXXX if you did not recieve it" etc.

Again, they are the best price outside of ebay by like $8, and they did me good last time (and sent me a T-shirt for a $55 order last time too which was kinda cool)

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
all that money for 13's???????

When will the ricers learn?

Wtf are you talking about "all that money"?

I spent $800 on the motor swap, which took me from an 18.5 (on a 16 valve motor, not even the stocker), to a 15.6 in a car that originally ran a 20 second quarters from the factory with its 70hp, 8 valve motor....

In the end, the Turbo setup is gonna cost me less than $500, and when I upgrade the turbo, will cost me a total of $1000.....

so I took my car from basically a 20 second quarter mile, to hopefully a 13 second quarter mile for less than 2 grand, that's pretty damn good considering My car:

A) Doesn't have a supercharger from the factory
B) Has 1.8 liters of displacement
C) was intended to get from point a, to point b, as cheaply and efficiently as possible
D) is over 15 years old

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
ok, 1200 bucks got me into the 12's on a 17 second 4k pound vehicle that MAYBE had 170hp STOCK w. 5.7L PEG LEGGED rear end and a 3 speed auto.

what is your point?

18.5 is not 20 seconds, thats a big difference when racing, period.

I do love how you post shit and when someone mentions anything about the $$ that it took to get there you go off like you are a fucking god.

13's is fucking dog slow for a turbo car, IMHO no car with forced induction should be slower then a stock car with only 2 more cylinder and no power adders.

My 4x4 w. no weight reduction and hell ADDED weight due to the drivetrain can break off a 14, prolly 14.5ish with my wife and kids tagging along.

civics are a waste of money to modify.

Thats like a retard modding his electric wheelchair with dub caps and curb feelers.

Ricky

MWIR.net
May 5, 2008
Aurora, IL
Real Name
Ricky
different strokes for different folks, if it makes him happy that's all that matters.

but i will admit, after buying a bmw i definetely regret having wasted years and lots of money modding hondas and i'll never go back. but once again, different strokes, that's my opinion. let him do his thaaanng.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
ok, 1200 bucks got me into the 12's on a 17 second 4k pound vehicle that MAYBE had 170hp STOCK w. 5.7L PEG LEGGED rear end and a 3 speed auto.

what is your point?

You just proved my point, I said my car DOESN'T have displacement. its MUCH easier to get high displacement cars to go faster for cheap, I'm not denying that, but its alot harder to make a 4 banger go fast for cheap and you know that as well as I do.

18.5 is not 20 seconds, thats a big difference when racing, period.

Car was origonally a 8 valve, 70hp motor, I never ran that, I did a top swap to a 16 valve head, and ran a 18.5, I assume the 8 valve motor probably would have ran a 20+

I do love how you post shit and when someone mentions anything about the $$ that it took to get there you go off like you are a fucking god.

just because you don't appreciate the effort involved to get a 4 banger motivated because you are blessed with cheap HP since you had a high displacement motor doesn't mean I'm 'going off like i am a fucking god' thats just stupid.

13's is fucking dog slow for a turbo car, IMHO no car with forced induction should be slower then a stock car with only 2 more cylinder and no power adders.

So you are calling Evo's, SRT-4's, STI's, Speed3's all 'dog slow' ? Ok...

My 4x4 w. no weight reduction and hell ADDED weight due to the drivetrain can break off a 14, prolly 14.5ish with my wife and kids tagging along.

you seriously think your V-6 blazer can run a 14 second quarter mile with your wife and kids in it...? I'd like to see that.

civics are a waste of money to modify.

Thats like a retard modding his electric wheelchair with dub caps and curb feelers.

I can say the same about your blazer, its all a matter of opinion.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
different strokes for different folks, if it makes him happy that's all that matters.

but i will admit, after buying a bmw i definetely regret having wasted years and lots of money modding hondas and i'll never go back. but once again, different strokes, that's my opinion. let him do his thaaanng.

I'm going to be BLATENTLY honest here, I wish I had a GTO or a 05+ Mustang, but:

A) Gas prices suck, and I already own a Focus, so it makes it hard to stomach that kind of trade-in
B) I like having a 4 door that I can fit things in
C) The civics a 2 owner car, #1 was my dad, #2 was me, I can't bring myself to sell it no matter how hard I try, so I opted to make it faster, and have fun with it.
D) The reason why I'm being so cheap on parts/etc, is because I agree with both of you:

It IS a waste of money to modify a honda, so I'm trying to do it as cheaply as possible so I can still have some fun with it, since I'm working with what I'm given essentially, and thats the bottom line.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info