What kind of Clutch should I buy?

J

Jpatte

Can you guys help me out by suggesting what kind and type of clutch I should use in my 03 Cobra. I want a clutch that will be use as a daily driver but has the holding power for the track. The car has a little over 500 hp at the flywheel with 48K miles .

What Kind and type of clutch? Where can I buy it? How much?

What type of spline? 26 spline? Price?

Flywheel, should I just resurface the old one. If so, where can I get it resurfaced on the south side? Price?

thanks in advance.

Jpatte

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Jpatte said:
Can you guys help me out by suggesting what kind and type of clutch I should use in my 03 Cobra. I want a clutch that will be use as a daily driver but has the holding power for the track. The car has a little over 500 hp at the flywheel with 48K miles .

What Kind and type of clutch? Where can I buy it? How much?

What type of spline? 26 spline? Price?

Flywheel, should I just resurface the old one. If so, where can I get it resurfaced on the south side? Price?

thanks in advance.

Jpatte

For the type of driving your car sees, I would think the Dual Friction would be fine. You could swap the 26 spline input shaft while it's out, especially since you know how now, and if the FW isn't all beat up, you can probably get it resurfaced. Surge Friction in So. Holland can do the FW for you.

I have a spare stock FW here, if yours is junk.
Or get a Fidanza aluminum FW, they seem to have a pretty good track record.

Call Derek at D'Agostino Racing for a decent price. We deal with him a lot.
Tell him we (LDC) sent you.

The input shaft is from Libertys Gears in Michigan. About $250.

Dan

J

Jpatte

Dana said:
For the type of driving your car sees, I would think the Dual Friction would be fine. You could swap the 26 spline input shaft while it's out, especially since you know how now, and if the FW isn't all beat up, you can probably get it resurfaced. Surge Friction in So. Holland can do the FW for you.

I have a spare stock FW here, if yours is junk.
Or get a Fidanza aluminum FW, they seem to have a pretty good track record.

Call Derek at D'Agostino Racing for a decent price. We deal with him a lot.
Tell him we (LDC) sent you.

The input shaft is from Libertys Gears in Michigan. About $250.

Dan

Is Surge Friction in So. Holland the place that does drive shafts? Its located several blocks off of I-80?

Thanks for the infor

Jpatte

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• J
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list