Holy oil pump in oil pan

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
Browsing some turbo scion reading I found this interesting bit:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=210796&highlight=oil+catch

anurok said:
I purchased the Dezod S1 Tuner kit (Since I had an emanage already) from Joe over at Dezod West with no issues in the purchase. Everything arrived about a week and a half later as I was getting ready to drive out to Phoenix from San Diego to meet up with Joe so he could do the install.

I load everything up and drive the 5 or so hours to get there and we begin the turbo set up right away. DUN DUN DUN

We had huge issues with the turbo assemply as the down pipe did not quite fit directly onto the turbo itself possibly due to a bad measure somewhere made by Random Cat Techs since they may have rushed my down pipe to fit the cat I wanted on it.

After about 3 hours we finally got the down pipe on but now the waste gate had a small gap in it that we could not close with out dropping in a thinner smaller bolt to the other side and clamp it down with the nut. We would hold off on that and fix it the next day (so we thought).

Once the assembly was done, we began to work on all of the charge piping, oil pan, blow off, intercooler etc etc. After we finished the computer work and got the kit installed with the AEM A/F gauge (that was not responding at the time we took the car for a test run) it was about 2AM. We were tired beyond belief.

I drove the car very carefully to Browndogg dorm to crash for the night.

The next morning myself and Browndogg were going to head out to Lowes to pick up a new bolt for that exhaust leak. As we were driving BD pulled out in front of me but seeing as how I was scared to push it with that leak + only a base tune on it I shifted from 3rd to 4th, partial boost at 4k RPM, when I shifted it felt as if the car was about to snap in half....and then loud noises, fire and smoke all happened at once (with out the fire...although sometimes I wish it did catch fire...)

We pulled over thinking that the oil line had broken and spewed oil all over the hot pipes which caused the smoke. We saw a lot...a LOT of oil all over the bottom of the car near the oil pan, the REAR wheels, all over the fronts...all over everything.

We called up Joe to come help us out and he arrived a short time later. After pinpointing the problem to the Passenger side we removed that tire....to find this...

31c444ab.jpg

A crack in the crank shaft housing area...that can't be good right?

So we needed to remove the oil pan so we could see if anything was inside of it or anything else that was damaged. After draining it we pried it off...

To find...lots of stuff...

0ce8d5cf.jpg

Lol, disaster. That was in my oil pan.

We also pointed out this...

efa95ebc.jpg

A Rod piece that TWISTED. How does it TWIST?!

Think that is bad? Lol...

fdc93580.jpg

My entire OIL PUMP dislodged from the engine and had fallen into my oil pan. At this point we were fked. I needed a new engine. Myself without time left in AZ had to fly home and leave the car there with Joe.

We tried to take it back to stock, I waited about a week or so for a dealer response to give a WTF to Toyota but they didn't buy it =/

Waited another 2 weeks to see if anything could be done up in AZ to get my engine fixed. Nothing.

I got impatient and now where I stand is here:

Ordered an engine from Advanced Auto Wrecking
Drive myself out to AZ to pick up my car and bring it to Orange County
Delivering the engine to Corner 3 Garage
Corner 3 Garage will begin the install on Monday
Add the turbo, gauges, new clutch+fly wheel with Corner 3
Tow it to churches for tuning

I would not mind going through all of this if I could at least make it for the Greddy Garage Sale with all of my friends but I do not see that happening.

The culprit of all of this? Most say that the car leaned out because of the tune and blew, some say it was a faulty engine to begin with, and some are still confused by it.

Either way:

$5,500 for Turbo set up from Dezod West + install with Joe
$1,250 for new engine + delievery
$1,900+ for Installation with Corner 3 Garage
$600 for gauges
$300 for tuning with Church's

My greatest fear is that if I do all of this and my engine blows again...I hope it just blows up and catches fire and turns into an inferno so I don't have to deal with it again. So much stress =/

Car is back up (hopefully) by next Monday. Numbers...and news...come with it. Updates incoming.

Look at all that in the oil pan! :ugh:

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
if you notice he bought a scion, something was wrong upstairs to begin with...

unless your a girl.

And as most can see and already know, your a complete fucking idiot.

Theres more male drivers then female drivers of tC's anyhow. Not to mention theres females that drive any type of car, the whole "girl car" is just stupid. Hell theres a female evo driver down the street from me. So is the Evo a girl car?

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...sh_rel=14&t=140625&printertopic=1&submit=Show shows a 311 whp tC on stock internals. Amazing!

But hey, keep talking out of your ass with your pieces of crap. Your simply a fucking idiot

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
oh and im 100% sure i know more than you in regards to engines and cars in general.

but its cool, keep calling me an idiot.

how many non-stock Tc's have you driven?

100% eh? Because talking shit on the net makes you know it all? :rofl:

And since when was doubling the hp of a car a bad thing?

Your an idiot, not only in the car world but in life, I can't wait for your reality check. (which by the way, I simply called you an idiot and showed you a 311 whp scion and you brought up car knowledge)

esteinmaier

Dark Helmet
Jun 17, 2008
Plain and simple bad tune. Those rods are delicate though! How much boost was running through it when it popped? I had some scares in the neon's stock engine at 13psi, but it never let loose like that. Well, now ya know. I tune cars for parts, so if you don't want to pay for a tune and can get it to Elgin, let me know.

Spicy McHaggiz

The Gangs All Here!
Oct 6, 2007
Hampton, VA
i'm just stating i'm well aware of "high hp" scion's and scions in general from my friend. not worth modding unless you want to spend the amount of money the car costs to make safe hp.

and how am i an idiot? an ass maybe...

For 2-5K you can make a tC have 200-300 whp easily. All stock internals. For a little car like the tC its more then enough.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
For 2-5K you can make a tC have 200-300 whp easily. All stock internals. For a little car like the tC its more then enough.

i said safe. add 3-5K for a built bottom end.

why would you do this to begin with? :rofl: scion. you should have got the Xb; at least you can put a lot of shit in it...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info