Which DR?

BFG Goodrich or MT ET Street?

This will mostly be for the street when it's dry out. Will only see the track about 1 or 2 times over the summer. Also, will the 275/40/17 be ok on a 17x8" wheel? I will be doing a built rear with 4.10's, and i don't think a nitto will hook up on the street. I will have regular BFG KDW II tires on one set of rims, and then will occassionally throw these on. I was think about doing a 15" weld on the back, but i don't think i need to do that. I also want to keep the front and rear rims looking the same. Thanks

I only drive the car about 7,000 mi a year, and for 5 months it has snow tires on it. The dr's would only see about 2,000 mi of street driving a year. I would only put them on when i would know that the weather will be good for the next couple of days. My GT came with the 99 polished 17x8 cobra wheels, so should I just buy 2 used ones and mount some dr's on it or should i get a 15" weld?

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
id just get another 17x8 there is no use in buying welds if ur not gunna race it hard core...plus it will look goofy to only have the rears like that... i have mt drs and i think they kick ass...if ur not gunna drive it that often the mt's should be fine...but they have a treadwear rating of 0...not sure what the BFGs are ....but i do like my mt's

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
I had both and got better 60 fts with the Mickeys than the BFGs (about 0.05 to 0.10 better). Although wasn't exactly apples to apples because I had 15 inch Mickeys and 17 inch BFGs. I still think the Mickeys are a better hooking tire though.

The only thing I liked better about the BFGs is that the tread on them looks more legit. So if you are on the street with them, I think you would be less likely to catch flack from the poll-eece should you run into an officer who pays attention to that sort of thing.

shockerracing.com

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 9, 2006
Dundee, IL
Both the Mickeys and the BFG's are good tires, and they both hook pretty well. I like that they both have a pretty soft compound so they are pretty much always ready to hook even without a burnout! I would go with whichever tire you can get a better deal on.

As far a driving in the rain, I used to drive my ZO6 in the rain with bald BFG's. They were a little slick but I was able to drive on them just fine!

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yeah i've drivin the my BFG's in the rain and it's not too bad. But if you use the spare rims, you won't really have to worry about it. As far as traction goes, I've gotten a 1.66 sixty time on the BFG with the stock 3.27 gear launching at 5500 rpms (after a decent burnout), so I don't think you will be disappointed with how they hook at all.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
ShockerRacing said:
Both the Mickeys and the BFG's are good tires, and they both hook pretty well. I like that they both have a pretty soft compound so they are pretty much always ready to hook even without a burnout! I would go with whichever tire you can get a better deal on.

As far a driving in the rain, I used to drive my ZO6 in the rain with bald BFG's. They were a little slick but I was able to drive on them just fine!

every done it with literally no tread left in a flash flood? no fun. took me 30 min to get home from streets and i live in roselle. :eek:

but otherwise, i liked the bfgs in the rain. they'd spin for a good 10 feet then out of no where they'd hook as if they heated up or something.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info