Help with Thru the floors

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Fast99Snake said:
well, ive gotten myself into quite a mess with my thru the floor subframes :rolleyes:
anyone who has a good sawzall and knows how to use it very well,
i could use your help a lot

thanks much
Justin
ill get some pics of my mess up on the net tommorow while im sitting in bed with the pain of getting my wisdom teeth out :crying:

Holy Shit Justin! All I can say is stay the course and good luck. I have the instructions from Griggs; there are also several good write-ups out there. Once you cut and fit, who is going to weld them? It seems everyone can Arc and MIG, TIG is less prevalent.

I think when I spoke to Griggs they told me their book rate was 6.0 hours to do it. Since you are the one removing the interior, cutting the floor pan and fitting the connectors, I would guess it would be half that or more.

I have a sawzall, possible sale or loan.

-Vince

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
i have mustang mike's welder, so i have that under control and from my knowledge mig welding is the way to do it
i have a lot of the cutting to do em and i think i may be able to actually get it done this weekend if fr500handbuilt can help me with his sawzall.
had 4 wisdom teet out today so hopefully i can be out of the majority of the pain by friday and start working again

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Fast99Snake said:
i have mustang mike's welder, so i have that under control and from my knowledge mig welding is the way to do it
i have a lot of the cutting to do em and i think i may be able to actually get it done this weekend if fr500handbuilt can help me with his sawzall.
had 4 wisdom teet out today so hopefully i can be out of the majority of the pain by friday and start working again

Wisdom teeth pain should not exceed 24 hours, or else something went wrong, imo.

Fast99Snake said:
well, ive gotten myself into quite a mess with my thru the floor subframes :rolleyes:
anyone who has a good sawzall and knows how to use it very well,
i could use your help a lot

thanks much
Justin
ill get some pics of my mess up on the net tommorow while im sitting in bed with the pain of getting my wisdom teeth out :crying:

explain how you are tring to do these and what is going on??

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
I'm trying to exactly replicate the griggs frame kit that terminates at the bulkhead, anything beyond that is way beyond my skills.
i already have the maximum motorsports lowers and wanted even more chassis stiffness, i basically will have a full chassis mod sn95 minus seam welding, which if this gets done this weekend ill probably weld up a couple of the major seams, and a cage, which im hoping to do a 4 point sometime over summer when i do a recaro, harness, and rsd. and just drive the shiznit out of it this summer and maybe do coilovers and bushings next winter

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
if anyone on here knows the engineering specifics behind how these work, would you be able to tell me if there would be a large difference in going all the way up to the firewall like in the black car(darius's fox) or in the red car(matts fox). I know I shouldn't half ass the job at this point, but if the difference in chassis stiffness is minimal, I don't feel the need to waste any more of my time extending them all the way to the firewall.

matzillasubs31.jpg

darius2.jpg

also, if anyone has any ideas for getting this nut thats built into the subframe level that would be appreciated as I've never seen anyone make mention of it in their writeups, which I've read tons of.
P1010010-1.jpg

Thanks

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
dude your fucking crazy, looks like a PITA, I would of just welded some FLSFC on and called it a day. But more props if it works out for yea!

I thought about doing them on my fox but then I just would have just added them to the "what mods do you regreat" thread....

god speed my friend..

Fast99Snake

track rat
Jun 26, 2005
haha i love how none of the writeups mention that the fuel and brake lines run right under the floorpan where your cuttin on the pass side
hmmm nearly blew up my car and garage the other night, btw I decided to go into the rear subframe since I've gone this far
long dragged out project but it's movin along,
should be sweet when its done and i hope to do a writeup on it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info