worth switching out rear lower control arms?

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
maniak said:
do you think changing over to the maximum motorsport lowers and ford racing HD uppers with rubber inserts is worth the money?

Does your car make a lot of rattling/clunking noises from the rear end while going over bumps or up and down drive way curbs? During hard lane changes does it seem like the back end "follows" the front as opposed to moving as one unit? I bought my 01 with UPR adjustable race series upper/lower arms and they rattled/clunked so bad it really made driving the car embarrassing. The rear end wallowed during hard lane changes and was damn near hazadous when on the gas in any kind of a turn or while making a steering adjustment. I switched them out w/the regular MM series lowers and ford racing uppers and it fixed all the above mentioned problems. The MM regular series arms were even much thicker than the UPR race junkers.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I really would stay away from UPR stuff, I think they are very good at interior stuff not real parts. Good lower controls will stop wheel hop. MM is the best stuff $$ can buy so If you already have a set of aftermarkets already on the catr I would just stick with it.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
maniak said:
i bought the cobra with aftermarket 5.0 upper and lower rear control arms. i am not sure how good they are because i don't know what it felt like stock.

do you think changing over to the maximum motorsport lowers and ford racing HD uppers with rubber inserts is worth the money? not sure how much of a difference it will make.

By the way, You car looks pimp when I saw it a few weeks ago, when your ready for a new engine in their, I got a 373 with your name all over it.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
01GTvert said:
Does your car make a lot of rattling/clunking noises from the rear end while going over bumps or up and down drive way curbs? During hard lane changes does it seem like the back end "follows" the front as opposed to moving as one unit? I bought my 01 with UPR adjustable race series upper/lower arms and they rattled/clunked so bad it really made driving the car embarrassing. The rear end wallowed during hard lane changes and was damn near hazadous when on the gas in any kind of a turn or while making a steering adjustment. I switched them out w/the regular MM series lowers and ford racing uppers and it fixed all the above mentioned problems. The MM regular series arms were even much thicker than the UPR race junkers.

couldnt really tell if the rear fallowed the front, i think it does a little. i get noise when accelerating from a dead stop but that could be from worn u-joints.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info