Track regulations for convertibles (Drag and Road Race)

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
Hey for all those who know about track regulations, what does it take for me to get my cobra on the track. I was considering getting a coupe, but i like my vert. A guy on SVTP said he just bolts in a 4 point cage from Maximum motorsports for track days. Would that be good enough? And if any of you use a bolt in cage, how easy is it to remove and where does it bolt to? Also will this conflict with my CDC lightbar? Thanks guys.

DIDRace.com

Regular
Mar 22, 2006
Rotzs99 said:
Hey for all those who know about track regulations, what does it take for me to get my cobra on the track. I was considering getting a coupe, but i like my vert. A guy on SVTP said he just bolts in a 4 point cage from Maximum motorsports for track days. Would that be good enough? And if any of you use a bolt in cage, how easy is it to remove and where does it bolt to? Also will this conflict with my CDC lightbar? Thanks guys.
How fast do you plan on going?
Thanks
Doug

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
PETSNKE said:
You are not getting on-track at any club sponsored road course event in the midwest without a roll-bar due to insurance reasons period......

Yeah i looked over at SVTP, All of the SVTOA events require verts to have at least a 4 point. Coupes only need the factory roll over protection. I dont like having to drill into my car.

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
PETSNKE said:
You are not getting on-track at any club sponsored road course event in the midwest without a roll-bar due to insurance reasons period......

Not entirely true. You can do parade laps (Usually) and when the club does not have their own insurance they can run under the tracks insurance. A club, such as Shelby Northwood’s, will run @ Autobahn and will allow verts w/o bars for the touring groups. Now would you feel comfortable on an unfamiliar track, new to open track in a vert w/o an instructor? Shelby Northwood’s doesn't supply an instructor for beginners.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info