rear 5" speakers not working

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
well they are playing really really quietly to the point where i cant hear them and my sub connection is hooked up to them and the sub barely plays cause its so low. no shorts visible near the speaker and my pops checked the volts and stuff and said the speakers work fine. its an 03 vert. the rear tweeters work fine but the 5" speakers play to the point where they arent even on. they have been like this since i bought the car about 3 months back and never figured it out til i tried to hook up the sub and it basically wont play cause they are spliced into those speakers.

any ideas at all cause i have no idea at all so anything would be a great help. hope it doesnt come to have to pay someone to figure out whats up with them but id like to get my sub to work too.

blubyu

TCG Elite Member
Nov 7, 2004
hazmat404 said:
well they are playing really really quietly to the point where i cant hear them and my sub connection is hooked up to them and the sub barely plays cause its so low. no shorts visible near the speaker and my pops checked the volts and stuff and said the speakers work fine. its an 03 vert. the rear tweeters work fine but the 5" speakers play to the point where they arent even on. they have been like this since i bought the car about 3 months back and never figured it out til i tried to hook up the sub and it basically wont play cause they are spliced into those speakers.

any ideas at all cause i have no idea at all so anything would be a great help. hope it doesnt come to have to pay someone to figure out whats up with them but id like to get my sub to work too.

Do you have the options set up for "Driver" on your head unit? If so, change to "All".

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
just went out and played with every combo of buttons on there and nothign that says drivers. the thing is, if i put the speakers to the left (or right) rear and unplug the tweeter, i still hear sound out of the 5" but its barely even playing but i can still hear it if i turn the volume up pretty good. its just both of the rear 5" are doing this so i am hoping its just something fairly simple. havent yanked anything behind the headunit out as i dont know how with the new car but sadly i think that might be the next step to see if anything is partially unplugged or along the lines of that

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
well i have a separate amp for my sub but the stock amps are in there for the inside speakers...you possibly might think the stock amp powering those 2 (wouldnt they power all of the back speakers?) took a crap? that kind of seems like a good idea if there is an amp that powers those 2 speakers alone. im going to tear apart my trunk now and take a look and swap some amps around to see if thats the problem.

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
well i figured out it was the stock amp...thanx a ton for helping. now the question is, do i just replace with another stock amp or should i upgrade and if i do, how do i get the plugs to match up cause they dont look like any plugs ive seen on amps

decided on just buying a stock amp but sadly cant post in the wanted section due to not enough posts :rolleyes: so if anyone sees this and has a stock mach 460 amp laying around that works...i want to buy one tonight for cheap in the southwest burbs (lagrange, oak lawn) or so...just pm me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• hazmat404
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list