how to kill things that make homes in massive towable engine hoists

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
a bit of precious water of life (aka petrol)

1 bic lighter

3 guys who havent slept in 28 hrs working on 2 pos rustangs :rofl:

we killed em good

set fire to my arm while playing flaming milk jug filled with gas (soccer)
PICT2764.jpg

the grey shits primer from some ornamental ironwork pieces i was painting the day before
PICT2757.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
saw wasp/hornet nests with a few pissed off bugs in there...AFTER we used the hoist to yank james' stock engine. we was very lucky...

the whole deal was to swap james' drivetrain into alan's rusty bastard (maroon...looks great cept fer the rust bubbles and nearly gone strut towers) and then throw alan's full boogie DSS 306/tko600 into his relativly rust free arizona car.

here's james' pos 302 engine back together/demoded (btw if ya havent figures it out already, his name is James as well) and ready to toss into alans rustang. i'm having a smoke break (ugly sob arent i?) alan is tightening the t5 up.
PICT2811.jpg

i got called in by tweedle dee, and tweedle dumb after they dropped the 306 from a 4 ft height and this happened...
concrete that smiles...
PICT2805.jpg

preliminary measurements put the crank snout at ~ .007 out of axis:eek3:

their "story" is fishier than fish stfu'ing lol but regardless how it went down they learned a hard/expensive lesson neither will soon forget.

dbl and tripple check yer rigging folks...not just at the start of a pull, check it often...then check it again... look at that concrete...someone coulda lost a toe or their whole foot.

i still dont know how i got conned into helping them... damn rustangs
:rofl:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info