Why replace stock with stock?

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
the exhaust on the s10 has officially taken a dump..cat fell apart internally, muffler blown out etc..so i just ordered my full new exhaust. replacing the factory 1.5"-2" y-pipe with a 2.25"-2.5" peice. its a 95 so no more cat. and got a dynomax 2.5" catback..sweet. wont be able to install it til the weekend after the 4th but oh well ill keep ya posted. now all i need to get is the 8.8 rear with 3.73's, electric fan conversion, and a 454tbi throttle body ;)

wlk-17370_w.jpg

yhst-57487340749362_2007_1680197

Last edited:

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
Id check out some other forums for the swap info hell even the exhaust for that matter.

There are some decent ones out there that are dime specific and have all the info you can possibly think of to ask already there.

One guy I talk to build land speed cars all turbines.

others are blown small blocks

some are blown 6 bangers

some turbo. and the majority of them are older and wiser then most forum board members you find on boards like this.

Model specific forums> all

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
if you actually read his post he already bought a dynomax exhaust.

no questions asked...

I did read his post, read it a few times to make sure.

I just wanted to point him in the direction of knowledge and experience when it comes to the exact model vehicle he has.

FYI, dynomax blows on the s-10's... fitment issues as well as the sound quality being less then satisfactory. Flowmaster is worse.
Most the guys who want performance exhaust that flows and sounds good on these trucks use magnaflows or custom set ups.

Get off his nuts,kid.

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
wow..thank you for that picture..thats the face i make when im chanting "please dont blow up please dont blow up"...i miss that peice of shit :/

as for the exhaust, why would i get headers when stock manifolds can flow up to 300hp, 400bucks for a small gain just isnt worth it to me so i think the bigger y-pipe and catback will do me just fine. im not really worried about fitment just because i have about any tool at my disposal and ill be installing it on a lift so that will be nice too. and for the price of this exhaust..you cant beat it. 150bucks shipped to my door is not bad at all, and if i dont like the sound ill just throw in a new muffler. no matter how you look at it its still an upgrade from the stock 2.25 exhaust. and if i do decide to get a new muffler, this way ill have a mandrel bent 2.5 tail pipe rather than a 2.25 crush bent tailpipe. I had a dynomax catback on my mustang up there and it sounded amazing..i loved it...

engine swaps..i dont know if im gonna do it now lol. i do have the money btw..but this is now my daily driver so i cant have much downtime on it. and i also think because its a 95 and in damn good condition..i dont know how much hacking i want to do to it. so my goal right now is 14's with the original 4.3 and 4l60e lol... but like i said in my first post, 454 tbi throttle body, electric fan conversion, and a 3.73 trac-loc 8.8 are in the works. prolly wont get me into the 14's but at least it will be "peppy" lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info