Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I know. She wouldnt be driving the 77 Maverick. Id give her the Regal. :D

Seriously dude, if you think my post is fucked up, look at giving your girl a civic. Seriously for the love of god. Think about it. You shouldnt care if she likes it or not. Your #1 concern is "What is safe for her?". That it.

However, Id still pimp this DBS and give my baby mama the Regal.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Just curious, what's your woman driving fish? The way i see it, Dan's fiance isn't caring for his baby so if she wants a nice car maybe she should buy one herself. From what i read on here he's paying rent and supplying both of them with vehicles so i think he's already going above and beyond his responsibilities in that relationship.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
When the baby mama and I were together, she drove my car. I didnt LET her drive her POS 93 Lumina. She also didnt have a job so a car was not even a #17 priority. When we broke up and she moved home, I told her to buy a newer car. She did.

The current GF and I do not live together. She however drives an 02 Accent.

If you guys arent married, I can see that as one thing. If you are, you two are the first two Ive seen that doesnt care to put your wife in something safe, or make sure she is in something safe. :dunno: Maybe cause Im a little selfless or caring? Who knows.

Now onto the reason AGAIN why I am giving Dan here shit. He is in (or going to be) posession of one of the cheapest, yet safest cars for the money IMO. He wants to flip it. Why not? He is making money doing it isnt he?? However, they are also getting a 96 blazer that will probably sell for the same money, is shittier on gas, is useless for what he wants. Id also wage it is more on insurance. It just makes no sense to me.

This thread was to poke fun at his 2 "what about this car" posts. However, I let the one comment slip and now everyone is getting mad cause I ask about him caring for his fiance. :dunno: Do what you guys want. Ill STFU.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
When the baby mama and I were together, she drove my car. I didnt LET her drive her POS 93 Lumina. She also didnt have a job so a car was not even a #17 priority. When we broke up and she moved home, I told her to buy a newer car. She did.

Her funds to not allow her to buy a newer car, let alone buy a car on her own, but I understand that, and help in any way I can.

If you guys arent married, I can see that as one thing. If you are, you two are the first two Ive seen that doesnt care to put your wife in something safe, or make sure she is in something safe. :dunno: Maybe cause Im a little selfless or caring? Who knows.

Lemme put it this way Fishy:

She drove a 1989 VW Cabrio when I met her, (No airbags, small as hell, and a vertable, so not exactly roll-over or side-impact friendly) I MADE her sell it after like 8-10 months (Before the civic was running) because her mom offered her a 1993 Chevy Corisca (Airbags and bigger). The car failed on her, so I bought the 1995 taurus SHO to replace it because she NEEDED a car, In the mean time MY civic got back on the road before the SHO failed, so she started daily driving the civc hatch, and basically has been since. (which is still LEAPS and bounds safer than the Cabrio, the car has GOOD brakes, GOOD power (Vs a 89 VW) and Airbags!

Now onto the reason AGAIN why I am giving Dan here shit. He is in (or going to be) posession of one of the cheapest, yet safest cars for the money IMO. He wants to flip it. Why not? He is making money doing it isnt he?? However, they are also getting a 96 blazer that will probably sell for the same money, is shittier on gas, is useless for what he wants. Id also wage it is more on insurance. It just makes no sense to me.

The blazer IF we get it, is an inheritance from a relative who isn't DEAD yet. IMO it would be DICK to inherit the blazer, and sell it and keep the GP instead. It would crush her reputation with half her family, and truely hurt her grandfather I'm sure (who bought it brand new)

This thread was to poke fun at his 2 "what about this car" posts. However, I let the one comment slip and now everyone is getting mad cause I ask about him caring for his fiance. :dunno: Do what you guys want. Ill STFU.

My "What about this car" threads are because I want/deserve something nicer honestly. I work hard on the week, and I CONTINUE to work on weekends trying to get enough money together to get a downpayment on a house.

If I buy a GTO or a Mustang, My payments would go up by $25 a month AT THE MOST (Or they would become lower by me increasing my loan from a 5 year to a 6 year loan, albeit I rather not), and my insurance drops DRASTICALLY in a month (as mentioned in the other thread, $153 a month for the focus and civic) and I asked about the GTO and they said $161 a month for the GTO and the civic, so REALLY

so the bottom line is "Me getting a nicer car will not cost me much, if any more money than I'm spending now, its basically 'because I want it, and I deserve it', in the mean-time I will probably be buying Kim a 1996 Chevy 1500 to pop around in because her Uncle offered it to us Cheap because he is seeing the issues we are having with her mom and getting the blazer etc...

Sorry for the ramble/rant, I'm out for the day.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Her funds to not allow her to buy a newer car, let alone buy a car on her own, but I understand that, and help in any way I can.

Lemme put it this way Fishy:

She drove a 1989 VW Cabrio when I met her, (No airbags, small as hell, and a vertable, so not exactly roll-over or side-impact friendly) I MADE her sell it after like 8-10 months (Before the civic was running) because her mom offered her a 1993 Chevy Corisca (Airbags and bigger). The car failed on her, so I bought the 1995 taurus SHO to replace it because she NEEDED a car, In the mean time MY civic got back on the road before the SHO failed, so she started daily driving the civc hatch, and basically has been since. (which is still LEAPS and bounds safer than the Cabrio, the car has GOOD brakes, GOOD power (Vs a 89 VW) and Airbags!

The blazer IF we get it, is an inheritance from a relative who isn't DEAD yet. IMO it would be DICK to inherit the blazer, and sell it and keep the GP instead. It would crush her reputation with half her family, and truely hurt her grandfather I'm sure (who bought it brand new)

My "What about this car" threads are because I want/deserve something nicer honestly. I work hard on the week, and I CONTINUE to work on weekends trying to get enough money together to get a downpayment on a house.

If I buy a GTO or a Mustang, My payments would go up by $25 a month AT THE MOST (Or they would become lower by me increasing my loan from a 5 year to a 6 year loan, albeit I rather not), and my insurance drops DRASTICALLY in a month (as mentioned in the other thread, $153 a month for the focus and civic) and I asked about the GTO and they said $161 a month for the GTO and the civic, so REALLY

so the bottom line is "Me getting a nicer car will not cost me much, if any more money than I'm spending now, its basically 'because I want it, and I deserve it', in the mean-time I will probably be buying Kim a 1996 Chevy 1500 to pop around in because her Uncle offered it to us Cheap because he is seeing the issues we are having with her mom and getting the blazer etc...

Sorry for the ramble/rant, I'm out for the day.

Then there ya go. Do what you gotta do.

However, no one is giving me any input on the sexy DBS. :wackit:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info