Airbag Light

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So the airbag light every once and a while turns on in my car, and stays on for a day or 2 before going away...

I finally brought it to the dealer today (39K on the clock) and dropped it off.

He calls me and says "you are out of warranty"

Me "I paid for the extended"

shop manager "Oh, will thats a $100 Deducatble"

Me "Not until 50K miles"

shop manager "well thats not how that works"

Me "Ok, so can you still diagnose the car?"

shop manager "Yes, we can, but it will cost $100 to repair"

Me "Ok, then just diagnose it and then put it outside and call me"

shop manager "We will have to charge a diagnostic fee"

Me - "Just put the car outside"

I go online to fords site and find that SAFETY systems on the focus are all covered until 5 year, 50,000 mile without me extended warranty even...

I call back

Me (to a tech) - "I just called about the focus, and found that its covered under factory warranty"

Tech - "Lemme get _____"

Me - "This is the kinda crap that makes me wanna trade it for a Chevy" *just to piss in his cheerios*

(I then lost service and didn't bother calling back to talk to him)

15 min later the shop manager calls me

Manager - "turns out it is covered in the extended, we will go ahead and order that part for you"

Me - "Thank you, I'll pick up the car in a bit"

Read it all, think about how many times he broke the rules both ford warranty, and laws involving shops and charging money for Diagnostics (where I said, then just put it outside)

More and More I want to get a GTO, this isn't helping the "Don't Do It" battle...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
the DEALER where I bought my car, is, and has been amazing, Packy webb ford. My focus has been a great car, but when it comes down to it... I live out here, so I have to deal with these people and this dealer here (Ottawa ford/lincoln/mercury/kia) and if I'm going to have to FIGHT every time a goddamned light turns on my dash board, I will not keep this car.

Buddy5791

TCG Elite Member
Aug 6, 2007
Naperville
*just to piss in his cheerios*
More and More I want to get a GTO, this isn't helping the "Don't Do It" battle...

lol at the cherrios part

atleast you didnt pay extra

pm me if your seriously thinking about buying a GTO i know someone with a black 2006 great condition

intake and exhaust+rims probally a tune also

6 speed

has a new engine in it cause the old one got fucked up for something that was covered warrenty

red interior leather

think it has less than 10k miles

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
lol at the cherrios part

atleast you didnt pay extra

pm me if your seriously thinking about buying a GTO i know someone with a black 2006 great condition

I think I AM going to buy one, but the LS2's are still out of my price range :hs:

an LS1 stickshift will allow me to keep my payments the exact same as the focus. (they are selling for 16-17K right now with lower miles than my focus has)

I know I'm going to take a hit on the focus, but I will try and make them eat the hit on the price of the GTO with the MPG argument.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info