88 camaro trans questions

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
get the short tailshaft TH400, with the 69 and older low/reverse drum to run a 34 element (dogbone) one way clutch instead of the 70+ roller one way clutch, much stronger, and a reverse pattern valvebody with a brake, then throw a good 9inch converter

i built the 400 in the Nova and it held up to being shifted into reverse at 103mph with 9 inch MT slicks (dont ever leave the reverse lockout pin out of a standard pattern ratchet shifter... :nono: ) still runs hard to this day, i bought a 9 inch hughes 4k stall converter with the nitrous anti ballon plates, but still havent installed it...

and no you cant have my turbocharged 72 (511 casting) 400 sbc...so dont ask :D

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Turbocharged400sbc said:
get the short tailshaft TH400, with the 69 and older low/reverse drum to run a 34 element (dogbone) one way clutch instead of the 70+ roller one way clutch, much stronger, and a reverse pattern valvebody with a brake, then throw a good 9inch converter

i built the 400 in the Nova and it held up to being shifted into reverse at 103mph with 9 inch MT slicks (dont ever leave the reverse lockout pin out of a standard pattern ratchet shifter... :nono: ) still runs hard to this day, i bought a 9 inch hughes 4k stall converter with the nitrous anti ballon plates, but still havent installed it...

and no you cant have my turbocharged 72 (511 casting) 400 sbc...so dont ask :D

agreed - but ive ran a ford c6 conversion in a 79 sbc with 250shot - also ran them in the offroad trucks ive owned - that tranny was bulletproof! but its luck of the draw when comes to shit like that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info