Cobra engine

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You need the Cobra engine, computer, wiring harness. Your drive train will blow apart unless you upgrade it, too. Trans, rear end, etc. It's possible to do the swap but it might be cheaper to sell the GT and just buy a Cobra.

Edit - Get John to help you splice the harnesses together. I want no part of that. :D

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
Flyn high again said:
You need the Cobra engine, computer, wiring harness. Your drive train will blow apart unless you upgrade it, too. Trans, rear end, etc. It's possible to do the swap but it might be cheaper to sell the GT and just buy a Cobra.

Edit - Get John to help you splice the harnesses together. I want no part of that. :D

Yes it might be, But i want to view my options first.

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
don't waste the money of putting a cobra motor, esp an 03/04 (nothing else is worth the time or money) in your GT. Brian, sell the GT in the spring and just save like, 3k for mods for a 03/04. for 3k you'll be able to pick up a used kb, injectors, and probably a tune. Just have patience. Plus, you don't have a winter beater this year so a cobra or a cobra engine equipped gt would be hell in the snow.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
im not saying swap heads, im saying swap engines and modify the 2v engine harness to fit the 4v. this is an EASY swap. the fuel line and heater hose connections mate up just fine. the real difference is that the cam position sensor is in a different place, the c.o.p. wiring is different, and the injector harness is different. cut the ignition and injector leads off a 4v engine harness and splice it on your 2v engine harness. you'll also need a 4v h-pipe for the exhaust, but the cat-backs are the same. have your tuner overlay the 4v code onto your 2v pcm.

step 1. swap engine
step 2. ?
step 3. profit!

B_Pay

Regular
May 17, 2006
You may have more time than money but I think you'll need a lot of both to do what you want to do.

I swapped a 6sp into an A4 car and it cost about as much it would have if I were to sell my car and get a 6sp. It was worth it for me though since I didn't have to risk getting a used car and now know what I was getting into.

Word of advice...find out exactly what you need to do and price it out and see if it will be worth it to you.

BTW, a week after I did all that work to my car I totalled it and all I got was the NADA value. You need to keep in mind that your GT with a cobra motor is gonna be valued as a GT and not a Cobra. Basically if you F up your car you run the risk of losing a lot of money.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
MachMe 03 said:
Mach 1! Basically the same thing you want to do with low risk and a warrenty
+ 1

its prolly not the hardest swap in the world but its always very money oriented when u try and put something into a car that wasnt there to begin with....if you can swing a mach 1 or a cobra with the sale of your gt + the cash u were gunan use to by the motor etc.. just do that

MachMe 03

Move or be moved cuz...
Aug 24, 2006
WhtSuperStang said:
+ 1

its prolly not the hardest swap in the world but its always very money oriented when u try and put something into a car that wasnt there to begin with....if you can swing a mach 1 or a cobra with the sale of your gt + the cash u were gunan use to by the motor etc.. just do that
Yeah, I dont know how much you can get for your GT but you can find a Mach 1 fror like 18,500-19000 with good milage on it. Then you dont have to worry about things going bad on it and haveing to pay out of pocket cuz you will have a warrenty

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info