2000 Volkswagen Jetta Air Conditioning out

Doug02GT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
May 22, 2004
My bosses daughter has a problem with her Jetta. When she turns the air conditioning on, only hot air blows out. She had it checked out and there is not any freon leaking. Does anybody know when someone could help her out without ripping her off? Bartells in Carol Stream is looking to charge her $1,000 to fix it (their guess) and $100.00 to just look at it.

Does anybody work for Volkswagen?

Thanks for any help.

Doug

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
whistlen93's a vw tech.

Sounds like the compressor took a shit, since there are no leaks in the system. You said they would charge her 100.00 to look at it, but you also said they checked it out and there were no leaks. did the suck down and fill the system with new refrigerant and a/c dye?

Doug02GT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
May 22, 2004
Oncebitten03 said:
whistlen93's a vw tech.

Sounds like the compressor took a shit, since there are no leaks in the system. You said they would charge her 100.00 to look at it, but you also said they checked it out and there were no leaks. did the suck down and fill the system with new refrigerant and a/c dye?

I am not quite sure. She is an 18 year old girl from Wheaton, doesn't always talk in logical complete sentences. She didn't say what they did do in any detail.

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
:biggthump
Doug02GT said:
My bosses daughter has a problem with her Jetta. When she turns the air conditioning on, only hot air blows out. She had it checked out and there is not any freon leaking. Does anybody know when someone could help her out without ripping her off? Bartells in Carol Stream is looking to charge her $1,000 to fix it (their guess) and $100.00 to just look at it.

Does anybody work for Volkswagen?

Thanks for any help.

Doug

Just cuz there's nothing leaking out now doesn't mean it didnt all leak out before you checked. My point is try refilling it yourself w/a recharge/sealant kit from autoblown 1st and see how long it lasts. You just might save yourself $970 :biggthump

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Doug02GT
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list