so I just went on Carmax.com

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I know carmax would only give me like 9 for mine probably because thats how they make their profits, jewing people.

but just kinda an observation. I really want a GTO or mustang, and the gas wouldn't matter much because my driving is either 4 miles through town, or 50 miles on the freeway, and a manual LS1 GTO would only be getting a few mpg worse on the freeway (I only get 30mpg no matter where I go it seems...)

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
exactly. i just did it w/ my wrx. it was actually a lot simpler that i thought it would be. guy went to his bank, gave them the info for my lien, they contacted my bank, got the payout amount, drafted up all the paperwork, we both went into his bank, i signed a few papers transfering power of attorny of my car to that bank, they showed me the check they cut for the payout amount, and cut me a 2nd check for the remainder of the sale price. we had them write up a bill of sale, and i also printed my own up that we both signed and thats that.

once my bank received the payout and the loan was closed out, they send the title to him so he can sign it and register the car properly and then the title goes to his bank.

the banks do all the work. i didnt really have to do anything other than sign my name a few times a pick up a check. But yeah. make sure youre both at the bank and get the check from a bank attendant, so you know its not a forged check or anything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info